Newbie requesting help in selecting a small propane grill to purchase

T

True Colors

Hello there. I have a need to purchase a small propane grill. Something that can cook roughly 6 to 8 regular size hamburger patties at a time.

I went to wal-mart and looked at some of the tabletop grills. I wasn't sure which ones might be right for me so here I am. :-D

My key needs......

-- the cooking rack must be removable and dishwasher safe. This part is critical.
-- something that is fairly small and portable
-- something that is easy to assemble/use
-- hopefully in the $60 price range or less

If someone could offer a few suggestions I would be very grateful to you.

Thanks!!

TC

Why propane? If you can live without it here are some old stanby grills..

grill-1.jpg

Problem-Solving-Grill.jpg

4183375517_be92aae665.jpg

Seriously thinking about it 6-8 burgers at once seems a lot for a table top propane grill. For $60ish New I have only ever seen these type
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-1520-Pr...6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1274769683&sr=8-6
And in my opinion it is a 1-2 season grill.

I could pay more than 60 dollars if necessary. The tabletop propane grills that I saw at walmart were in the 30 dollar range so I figured that a better one would run 50 to 60 bucks. But if it costs more than then I guess I will just bite the bullet.

That weber grill for 130 bucks does look nice. Does anyone know if the cooking grates are dishwasher safe? Does it have a drip cup to collect all the grease? Cleanup is a big deal here.

Thanks,

TC

x2

for 50-100$, you can't beat a used weber/ducane grill... and there's usually atleast one listed every 1-2 weeks depending on the season/location.

I say spend an extra 60 and get the Weber Q 100. Great portable gas grill that performs like a big Weber gas grill. Best portable gas grill i've ever owned and I've gone through ALOT of cheap one's. I wasted lots of money of cheap crap when I could have bought a good one to begin with. You'll be happy you spend a little extra in the long run.

I bought a small gas grill at Walmart last year for 19.95--it uses the small green propane tank , or get the converter tube for lrg. tanks. It'll handle 4 large steaks.:thumb:

I used to have a Weber Go-Anywhere portable and loved it. My Mom uses a Q100 and loves it too.

If you have to go that size I certainly go with the Q.

I used to have a Weber Go-Anywhere portable and loved it. My Mom uses a Q100 and loves it too.

If you have to go that size I certainly go with the Q.

We have one we use occaisionally also, and I would agree, it's a great little grill for tailgates, etc.

Weber Q100 is by far the best portable gas grill on the market. I use mine 2 to 3 times a week and have had it nearly 3yrs. It still performs just like the day I got it. It does a really nice job on steaks!!!

features:
well made
easy assembly
tough removable iron grates
designed to reduce flare ups
removable drip pan

Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Define small please?

Because you can get a weber performer which is kind of small and you got prep table with it..

The Weber Q100 is a nice unit and works well. It is also versatile. I use a service pan and can hold beans and soups on it for service as well.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I am going to print out the suggestions you made and check those out at walmart/target/etc. And I will also keep researching online as well.

Again, I am not completely stuck on the 60 dollar price tag. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me to spend 130 dollars -- especially if I can get a good propane grill that will last at least a few years.

Can someone please educate me...... is it okay to put any and all cooking grates inside the dishwasher? Or will certain types rust out? How do I know what to look for?

Thanks,

TC

Back