New UDS Inaugural Burn (Lotso Pron)

Alright, another drumhead or three!!!!!!!!!!
Great lookin' grub.

All of the food was fantastic. The onions were tender but still a bit crisp with a taste of smoke on the outside. I would have to say that the braunschweiger was my favorite simply because it was different. I am normally not a huge fan but it had that distinct taste capped off with a touch of smoke and warmth. I will definitely do it again.

As far as the 3-1" pipes / ball valves... We never opened any of the valves all the way. We pretty much kept them all open the same amount when we adjusted them to try and keep an even burn around the pit. Never more than half open all around... The charcoal pit in the drum is the bottom to my old Weber. We cut it back to fit in the drum and chopped the legs short. Worked out perfectly. Just so you know I bought that Weber in 1988 while in the Navy. It was the first purchase I made after getting married and moving off base. It had seen its better days but I could not let it go. Now it has a new life in the UDS!

"Beer Can" Tip Roast?

I would like to hear/see more about that "Beer Can" Tip Roast. Sounds delicious, I’ve never heard of such a thing, can you tell us more about it?
Thanks
Ron

I would like to hear/see more about that "Beer Can" Tip Roast. Sounds delicious, I’ve never heard of such a thing, can you tell us more about it?
Thanks
Ron

Ron,

It's just a BeeF variation of the beer butt chicken. Take a 4-6lb Sirloin Tip roast, lay it on the wide side, cut out a plug big enough to slide 75% of the can in. Fill the can 60% full with a Blackberry Merlot, carefully slip it into the roast then set it into the cooker can end down. THEN grind some fresh 4 blend black pepper over the roast and cook at 225 for 50 min per pound. It will yield a consistant very light pink(med)doneness with about a 1/16th inch smoke ring. We used 2 handfulls of Cherry & Jack Daniels Barrel chips with 6lbs of Charcol. There was roughly 3lbs of charcol unburned when we finished.

As I said previously, I didn't want heavy smoke in it, just an additional flavor to the beef and wine. The meat wasn't marinated or anything. It was warmed close to room temp, then put into the cooker.

Pull it out, let it rest while reducing the remaining can liquid(for a sauce) and make your sides. (About 30 minutes.)

It is really a great dish and super easy to do. :wink:

Wow, everything looks great, nice job! And LOL, that one pic has a wierd perspective that makes it looks like the world's smallest dog!

3721597881_759bd8640c.jpg
Looks like the roast and chicken are dancin'.

I hope, they might be holding each other close mumbling "keep me away from that dog..."

Looks like the roast and chicken are dancin'.

I hope, they might be holding each other close mumbling "keep me away from that dog..."

Optical illusion. They were close but not touching. :wink:

Everything looks great, I love braunschweiger, how long did you have it on for or what temp did you take it to.

Scott

Left it on for 2 hours. I swear it was fantastic. I am anxious to hear what you all think of it if you try it. We might have started a craze... lol :biggrin:

ROFLMAO !!

Shiz you better bring your Q game face buddy. :lol:

I'm lookin forward to hangin out soon. :cool:

Hay there is a few of us around the hunting gang plotting a hostel take over and plain on lots of fun with your crew. Hay and thanks for the advice and tips.

Best way for a hostel take over is to bring ALOT of JIM BEAM with you. :lol:

Take my crew over ?? Be careful for what you wish. :eek: :lol:

I am 100% confident that you will NEVER get Hamlet, but Pork Chop on the other hand is another story. He is easily swayed with a bag of Adobo Chiles & some Caraway Seeds. :lol:

Best way for a hostel take over is to bring ALOT of JIM BEAM with you. :lol:

Take my crew over ?? Be careful for what you wish. :eek: :lol:

I am 100% confident that you will NEVER get Hamlet, but Pork Chop on the other hand is another story. He is easily swayed with a bag of Adobo Chiles & some Caraway Seeds. :lol:

I think we may be in for a treat on both sides. But you all have much cooler names. OH Yah,,,, and world famous Que too may help:icon_sleepy. But I am routing for the under DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

How did the fatty with raw mushrooms turn out???

I usually saute/sear em first to drive out some of the water.

How did the fatty with raw mushrooms turn out???

I usually saute/sear em first to drive out some of the water.

On a cooker the moisture only helps to steam/cook the meat and melt the cheeses. The fatties were both very good. It was all good. :wink:

Back