New trailer pit pics

BaronVonOttomatic

Knows what a fatty is.
Picked up my new trailer pit today. Started with a 250 gallon propane tank (28"D x 108"L). The design was mine, I wanted the firebox grate to be just below the inlet to the reverse flow cook chamber and the air inlet below the firebox grate, so it looks a little funky vs. the usual offset.

Firebox is insulated. Locking wood box alongside.

Stainless cooking grates

Since it's reverse flow I had the crazy idea to include removable damper plates to divide the cook chamber and cut a draft door in the reverse flow plate. Since I'll only need half of it ~95% of the time I can use the dampers and draft door and heat just half of the tank and (hopefully/theoretically) burn less wood.

Draft door removed.

Rubbed her down inside with peanut oil and she's seasoning now. I'm enjoying a PBR - Pale Blue Ribbon (of smoke). Brisket city next weekend. And a butt. Maybe some ribs. Whatever fits.

Thanks to AJ from AJ's Custom Cookers in Ft Worth. It took a while for him to get it done but he was able to make my kooky ideas a reality.

Cool - Hope it works as You Planned. Thats the Guy who built Peeps and SlidinBilly's.

How do the cook chamber make it smaller plates remove?

Thanks everyone, I'm real happy to have mobile stick burner after all these years.

Cool - Hope it works as You Planned. Thats the Guy who built Peeps and SlidinBilly's.

How do the cook chamber make it smaller plates remove?

There's a channel on the reverse flow plate they slip into and they have lips so they overlap, then a small brace that fits on the cooking grate frame holds them in place.

Here she is smoking, although it's burning so clean right now you can hardly tell.

Back