THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

peaspurple

is one Smokin' Farker
I ordered an 18.5" pro q stacker off the web, well it came today. I put it on my OTG. Its fits almost like it was made for it. I had to turn it upside down but after a few mods, turned the handles upside down and put some L brackets at the top or er bottom for another grate. i think she's gonna be a sweet lil cooker. i bought some beef ribs and plan on testing her out tomorrow.

photo 2 copy 4.jpg

photo 4 copy.jpg

love that it already had a probe grommet on it!

photo 3 copy 2.jpg

Looks great!! Hope you take pics of those beef ribs too. :grin:

Looks great. How well does the door seal?

i am doing my first cook as we speak. country style beef ribs in the rain. the stacker seals real well, there is a little bit of a leak around the door but this does not seem to effect temps at all. i have been able to maintain a steady temp of between 235-275 with little or no effort.

i think its a good investment for smaller cooks.

Where did you get yours? I bought one off ebay and am waiting for it to arrive. I had one a couple years back but lost it, along with almost all my other pits, when Hurricane Sandy dropped trees all over my driveway last October.

The one thing I want to caution you about is the first time I used my last one the heat caused the paint to seal the stacker to the cooking section of my wsm, I had to wait for things to cool to detach it. After that I put a layer of foil between the two sections and never had another problem. The smaller wsm cooking grate makes a good substitution for the flimsy grate that ships with this unit, imo.

Where did you get yours? I bought one off ebay and am waiting for it to arrive. I had one a couple years back but lost it, along with almost all my other pits, when Hurricane Sandy dropped trees all over my driveway last October.

The one thing I want to caution you about is the first time I used my last one the heat caused the paint to seal the stacker to the cooking section of my wsm, I had to wait for things to cool to detach it. After that I put a layer of foil between the two sections and never had another problem. The smaller wsm cooking grate makes a good substitution for the flimsy grate that ships with this unit, imo.

I ordered mine off eBay from Arizona. I do like it. Between the 22" WSM this and my mini I am pretty covered.

Back