New (to us) Smoker - Southern Q Gravity Fed

J&B'sBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Over the last few weeks I watched everyone's "new smoker" posts with extreme envy as we were waiting to pick up ours...but the wait is over!!!

We sold our off-set stick burner this past week, and we picked up our new Southern Q Limo Gravity Fed smoker yesterday. :becky::clap2::clap:
Smoker.jpg

Smoker2.jpg

Since we bought it used from Southern Q, it had all new seals and was cleaned up nicely, but it was already seasoned so we were able to fire it off for a quick chicken cook as soon as we got it home yesterday.

Chicken.jpg

Being former stick burners, we were not sure what to do with all our spare time that we were not throwing logs into a fire to keep it going. I knew that upgrading to a gravity fed with a guru would be very easy, but I was floored at how consistent it ran and how easy it was!!! I know come competition season that we're going to have to make an effort to not consume too many adult beverages with all our free time now. :becky:

That is one fine looking smoker. We pick our new set up next week and I understand what you said about seeing everyone else's new smokers they have been posting. I am getting mighty antsy.

Nice smoker!!! I wanted this one myself and didn't follow up! This was the one the owner traded in to get a new one mounted on his trailer?

I'm not sure if it is or not, but I do know that he has another used trade-in in his shop now so it may be two different cookers.

Either way, we lucked out that there was a used one coming in this past fall when we were looking, and Scott was FANTASTIC about working with us over the last three months so we could get it! :becky:

Guess we'll see you more often doing shots with Dave and Jason at comps this season then right? :wink:

Not me, but maybe David or Justin will take up that habit :grin:. I'm just excited to actually get some sleep!!! *even though it's on a cot under an easy up still...*:crazy:

I'm sensing a porch trailer in your future :biggrin1:

If I'm spending the money, I need a shower and enough beds to take the kid...at that price, I keep telling the hubs a toy hauler is the way to go :becky:. That's a bit down the road for sure though.

Congrats! That thing is a beast. At least you have an easy up. I still gotta get one. Had a huge one but the wind twisted and broke the frame.

Back