New to this Sam's thing.....

On another note...

Anyone in the Dallas AO have a spare EZ Up and fire extinguisher?

IAB 30 is flying in and we've got most of their equipment covered except for those items.

On another note...

Anyone in the Dallas AO have a spare EZ Up and fire extinguisher?

IAB 30 is flying in and we've got most of their equipment covered except for those items.

Did you get my follow up text? I was mistaken, I still have that EZ Up you borrowed for Bedford a couple of years ago. I can have Andy bring it out with him Friday morning.

I have one with sides and a fire ext. Let me know if you need and also anything else. I have 5 wsm's i don't use and other items.

Mack

Did you get my follow up text? I was mistaken, I still have that EZ Up you borrowed for Bedford a couple of years ago. I can have Andy bring it out with him Friday morning.

I received no Texts for the last few days for some reason, good when the wife is trying to get me to do something, not so good when I'm trying to co-ordinate travel plans for a cook off.

Will get everyone replies in the morning. Not sure if they want / need sides.

SnI, the fire extinguisher for sure, just in case.

More to Follow...

I received no Texts for the last few days for some reason, good when the wife is trying to get me to do something, not so good when I'm trying to co-ordinate travel plans for a cook off.

Will get everyone replies in the morning. Not sure if they want / need sides.

SnI, the fire extinguisher for sure, just in case.

More to Follow...

Take Mack's offer of both, if he doesn't mind. I don't have sides for the one I have available and we've got a 30% chance of rain for both days.

Edit: How many PAX Friday night?

One thing I learned from last year is to try and stay away from the cart corrals. At Madison we placed next to the cart corrals that had the porta-johns. At first that didn't seem to bad until the quiet hours when all you heard was the constant slamming of the doors. Then at Indy we decided to get there at 8am on Friday to stay away from the porta-johns only to be placed next to an empty cart corral that a couple of hours later hosted the generator. There was no need for us to bring a radio since all we could hear until we left Saturday night was the loud hum of the generator.

They'll be there if needed.
Mack

@ Jorge - EZ Up message received. At current no more than 4 PAX, unless SPC. Lanier shows up and he is invited, will get you a head count.

Break...

@ Mack - will let IAB 30 know that EZ and fire extinguisher are on site, Thanks!

Jurena..out.

One thing I learned from last year is to try and stay away from the cart corrals. At Madison we placed next to the cart corrals that had the porta-johns. At first that didn't seem to bad until the quiet hours when all you heard was the constant slamming of the doors. Then at Indy we decided to get there at 8am on Friday to stay away from the porta-johns only to be placed next to an empty cart corral that a couple of hours later hosted the generator. There was no need for us to bring a radio since all we could hear until we left Saturday night was the loud hum of the generator.

Also found out that Cates likes to put the ash barrels in the cart corral at least at Indy.Not even an I am sorry I burnt the paint on your truck .:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

@ Jorge - EZ Up message received. At current no more than 4 PAX, unless SPC. Lanier shows up and he is invited, will get you a head count.

Break...

@ Mack - will let IAB 30 know that EZ and fire extinguisher are on site, Thanks!

Jurena..out.

I just love it when you guys talk the language. :-D

Good luck to all at the Sam's events.

TIM

I judged the Sams Club FTW contest last year...

Definitely bring water...
I know the hand washing stations ran out early Sat Morning. This was only the start of the drought..

Definitely bring AC...
It was hot last year, and although I am not a native Texan, the one thing I know about the weather is, it TX weather is bound to change, quickly!

Definitely bring power...
I heard cooks talking about the power issues for their setups.

As far as what TX judges are looking for...
Bring your best BBQ, what you like, what has worked in the past... Judges love GOOD BBQ!

Back