THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outdoorsman

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Outdoorsman
Hey everyone. My name is Toby and I am new to the forum. In the past I have read over many of the threads. Seems to be lots of really great info. Just wanted to introduce myself. Look forward to chatting with you guys.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Hello guys and gals. I'm not new, I just haven't been here since 2019. I have had an interesting 2021, but haven't we all. A little background, i had lymphoma back in 2013. but after 6 rounds of chemo and then 25 radiation treatments. that all took nearly 6 months. but it was all outpatient, no hospital stay....fast forward to mid February 2021, I had 3 falls in about 3 weeks. They thought it was inner ear issues. I was going to a Rehab/ Physical Therapy place. The dizziness was getting better but i had another fall and i got taken to the hospital. They thought it was heart related. I was released and went home and promptly fell again...went to a different hospital that was closer to my house that was now actually accepting patients it was right in the middle of all the Co-vid mess. they took an Mri and then a biopsy in my head. It turned out i had a mass in my brain that was putting pressure on my grey matter. The doctors decided I needed to go to a Rehab facility to get some strength up for chemo. I was only there for a couple weeks and I wasn't responding to doing any thing, I just couldn't go and do ANYthing. So they were discharging me home, where my 88yr old mother couldn't help me very much. So my sister decided we were going to Charlotte Medical Center, it took 4 guys to get me in my sister's car. I remembered that when we got to the ER I saw the nurses all around me.... that was about Feb 24th.....Then I woke up on May 25th I don't remember anything in the intervening 3 months
Long story,short.... I got out mid June after 8 or 9 chemo's then went back once a month for a weekend for some more chemo then I had a Stem Cell transplant starting in November 2nd and then had to stay a couple weeks after that.

Back