New Stainless Steel Racks / Shelves

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
New Stainless Steel Racks / Shelves

I've had my Humphrey's Down East Beast for 11 years going into 12. Time to upgrade the shelves.

You'll see that 12 years of service the old expanded steel racks are well used and seasoned. Time for an upgrade to the shelves.

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EpYAaPIK2EhBase1AHSlJKSqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

The new stainless wire racks are awesome, great for chicken, pork or beef with better exposure to the smoke.

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8Eqg5r6bhmYYIkP_bYk71kD6VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

I also bought some rib or sausage hanging racks, but I like the stability and strength of them; I feel they might be well suited for larger pork butts and briskets as well.

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8Er0N4uXATjyHNi6DBzW2KtXldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

Lastly I bought a couple I-Bars for hanging pork bellies and sausage. I've been hanging rounds of sausage on wooden dowels. These were not on the website, but I was told that they would make them for me if I wanted them

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EpZwNd2PTHxEHVX59_QoWKR5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

Personally, I like the idea of the sausage rounds hanging side to side, rather than front to back. It gives me better control over position and spacing.

Great Customer service.... I'm sure if anyone needed stainless steel racks for their smokers, they could also make them for any other type of smoker.

Last edited:
Curious as to why you are moving away from the expandable wire? I have a battle box with these. I take a weed burner and wire brush on an angle grinder a couple times a year and they clean up good as new.

I have the wire SS racks in my Cubed Pint. Work great and I power wash clean. Expanded grate in my big chicken cooker. I power wash those, as well.

Curious as to why you are moving away from the expandable wire? I have a battle box with these. I take a weed burner and wire brush on an angle grinder a couple times a year and they clean up good as new.

With stainless I won't have to get out the weed burner and brush, or a power washer.

A soapy sponge and a rinse is all that is required. Even a quick run in the dishwasher would work fine.

The stainless shelves have a guide like the charcoal tray , and can be used on on the top or bottom of each shelf channel.

Where can one buy these racks? Thanks!

Stainless Shelves
https://www.humphreysbbq.com/products/new

Racks for Hanging
https://www.humphreysbbq.com/products/racks-for-hanging-sausage-rods?variant=47666903375

While these are for a Humphrey's smoker, they also repair / rebuild most other brands of smokers. In the past they have even fabricated items on request for me at more than reasonable costs.

I would call Nicole at (207) 793-2598 and let her know what size / type racks you are looking for, and she can quote you accordingly.

I'm breaking them in today with a brisket and a whole chicken.

Last edited:
Curious as to why you are moving away from the expandable wire? I have a battle box with these.

The expanded metal grates have served me well for 12 years. At age 70, even brushing them clean while the food is hot has become a task when cleaning 6 or 8 racks at a time.

At my age, I'm looking for easy, yet shiny clean. These seem to fit the bill for me.

One of the drawbacks to the expanded metal; is that occasionally when something heavy is in a foil pan or wrapped in foil, I wind up with a pin-hole leak. I don't see that happening with these.

Thank you IamMadMan for following up on my request. I have a LSG 20x42 offset smoker and would like to switch to SS racks. Yours look stout and well made. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Appreciate the help.

Back