New smoker, Evie Mae's is awesome, long!

ruger35

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Nope
Originally I was just going to add these pictures to my other thread that I started the night before I picked up the smoker from Arnis. After the experience at Evie Mae's and their crew, I thought it would be a disservice to the people that make Evie Mae's what it is to hide that in the middle of a thread.

First off, I made a 1593 mile round trip to Lubbock from right outside of Baton Rouge to pick up this new smoker. I wanted something that brought me back to the roots per se, simple bbq. And also I like many of you, have some pyro in my blood and I must tend a fire. Arnis was great, answered any questions I had which were probably too many considering he also has a fantastic restaurant. The smoker is great, I tried to include as many pics as I could, but I am not the best photographer/social media expert even though my age says I should be.

Actually didn't think I would get to meet Arnis as he had a job to do down in Waco. I was able to meet him though, and glad I did. Everyone there was like a big group of friends that we were just hanging out and cooking. Got tours of the pits, restaurant, and shop. The food was amazing, green chile grits, roasted corn and jalapenos (my favorite), brisket was like butter, and turkey breast was the best I've ever had. We got a pound of every meat on the menu, enough to fill up a full size steamer pan. It made for a very long drive home being full up on BBQ and that awesome banana pudding!

Enough babbling, here's my very amateurish pictures, hope you all enjoy. If that is all too much text, here's the synopsis:

I'd drive 1600 miles round trip again to get back to Evie Mae's and some bbq. Amazing food, but even better people.

Last edited:
No kidding... I had no idea they make pits, too!

Good looking grub.

Glad you made it safely. Now, get that thing dirty and have some fun!

Great looking Food and smoker, That week is going to be very long

We are still eating the leftovers today! I think their green chile & cheese sausage is awesome. I wish I could get it more often to throw next to some boudin on the smoker.

That's a beauty! Sounds like a great builder too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We are still eating the leftovers today! I think their green chile & cheese sausage is awesome. I wish I could get it more often to throw next to some boudin on the smoker.

LOL told you that sausage was the best. Even my old lady likes it and she's not a huge fan of sausage.

You can order it online if you get the itch. I ordered a few pounds the other day and they accidentally overcharged me a little bit on shipping so Arnis threw in a couple pounds more of sausage and some ribs. :rockon:

LOL told you that sausage was the best. Even my old lady likes it and she's not a huge fan of sausage.

You can order it online if you get the itch. I ordered a few pounds the other day and they accidentally overcharged me a little bit on shipping so Arnis threw in a couple pounds more of sausage and some ribs. :rockon:

May have to do that and hope they miscalculate mine as well lol

Congratulations on the new cooker and thanks for sharing.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, look forward to putting it to use as soon as I can!

Back