New name for ABT's

hey... check out these pork chops i made the other day.

sprouts-003.jpg

doesn't work for ya? hmmmm, me either. they are what they are.

Yep, cabbage fetuses.

Whenever I do a catering gig and I think the crowd may not appreciate eating buffalo turds, I call them Smoked Jalapeno Poppers. All other times I call them ABT's.

A long long time ago, in a land far far away, a person who frequented this forum sold these delectable little turds commercially and gave them the moniker "Green Mojaves"

And that same person stole my recipe for Turd Rangoons for the filling :twisted:

hey... check out these pork chops i made the other day.

sprouts-003.jpg

doesn't work for ya? hmmmm, me either. they are what they are.

Now THAT's funny! thanks, Rick!

You mean Atomic Mastodon Turds (AMTs)? :biggrin:

I agree with NewenglandQ that in some cases.. The name can be a bit harsh outside of the BBQ world or for business purposes. I have been in several newspaper articles or interviews where this is one of my favorite recipes to share, but in almost every one, the interviewer changed the name to something more enticing. I usually just ask them to use Jalepeno popper if they must change the name. Thats something fairly common around here and folks would know its a jalepeno stuffed with cream cheese.. with a BBQ twist.

But here, and within our realm.. its always gonna be an ABT.. or a hot turd when someone asks me what I'm feeding them. :) That gets their attention, and sometimes even leaves alot for me. :)

I believe this was a Brethren super-secret initiative with a selfish motive as most people who ask me what ABT stands for upon hearing the answer will not eat them leaving more for me!!!!:twisted:

As long as strong opinions are voiced in a manner that is not disrespectful then it's okay. No one called NEQ out. No one called him a name. They just voiced, a strong opinion, on what they thought of his original post./quote]

Larry,

When I read this thread the vibe I got was "How dare some new guy ask such a question! Who does he think he is!" I didn't like the vibe and came to his aide. Maybe I read it wrong, maybe I didn't. I'm no mod, but felt like I should step up and say something. Moving on...........

Atomic Butt Tomorrow.
Still a turd though.

Ed. - aaand I just realised why I shouldn't play with the search function. :D

Funny how these threads evolve...

What the hell am I supposed to call pork butts, "pork shoulder"?

As long as strong opinions are voiced in a manner that is not disrespectful then it's okay. No one called NEQ out. No one called him a name. They just voiced, a strong opinion, on what they thought of his original post./quote]

Larry,

When I read this thread the vibe I got was "How dare some new guy ask such a question! Who does he think he is!" I didn't like the vibe and came to his aide. Maybe I read it wrong, maybe I didn't. I'm no mod, but felt like I should step up and say something. Moving on...........

I dunno. It was me who posted the first reply and I wasn't getting down on NEQ. Just sayin that it was what it was for me and mine and letting him know he could call them what he wanted.
Sure didn't mean my post to sound as if I was coming down on him.????

Funny how these threads evolve...

What the hell am I supposed to call pork butts, "pork shoulder"?

Pig booty? or just pork butt :wink:
I call it what works for me and to each their own. PC can go suck an egg at my house.:bow:

Pig booty? or just pork butt :wink:
I call it what works for me and to each their own. PC can go suck an egg at my house.:bow:

I'll stick with what I'm used to then... A$$ MEAT:heh:

And when did it become improper to use the word "turds" around kids?

And why is everyone trying to rid the world of "profanity"?

I introduced a friend at work to Atomic Buffalo Turds....he couldn't eat enough and took some home to share with his Wifey....She suggested strongly he not call them Turds in her presence. She suggested the alternative name AfterBurners...
Upon my friend telling me of this, I responded,"Hey, it's your House, when you make them, call 'em whatever you want, but if I'm there, I'm asking for Turds...:twisted:

Back