New Michigan Contest (8/15-16)

Just an update, Myself and a few members of the BOD of the GLBBQA are setting a date for a meeting with the contest organizers, hopefully I will have some more info in a week or so as I try and coordinate everyones schedule.

Limit it to teams that cooked a Michigan contest last year? Would that be asking too much? ;-)

OK the meeting is scheduled for this weekend, anything that you guys want me to bring up in particular ?
They need to get the Governor's proclamation or it will be a hard sell for a lot of teams. Sooner is better there. Dependable power is a must. Early check in, vehicles moving around during the day at the fair - need access and egress after the contest. How much space do they have?

Count us in...

We'd drive up and choose this one over Madison. 20x30 spots, power, and a proc. from the Guv would be a no-brainer.

Plus it's been a couple years since we've been to Miss-again.

OH................IO :)

OK, Bruce M met with them and so far it looks like 30x30 spots with power and water. We are going to begin meeting with them on a regular basis to help with the needs of the cooks and their teams. We will begin working on the Gov's proclamation ASAP. As I get more details I will update.

Sorry for the delay in getting back, between being sick and new job I have not been able to hang out here as much as I want !!!

So it is the 15th and 16th! Guess I'll be in town after all.
Hopefully we can help these people pull it off,

Scott

Met wit the organizers, they are very nice people and are really going to try and make this a Cooker Friendly event.

Some of the highlights of the event and the meeting are:

30x30 spaces for all, if you can fit it in your space you can bring it!!

Water will be available

Limited Electrcity right now, they are going to see how many teams sign up.

Coffee and Donut breakfast

Seperate entrance/exit for cookers

Cookers may be able to "drop off" trailers Thursday evening if desired. Early arrival Friday Morning (7-8:00am)

ICE will be available on sight

Plenty of Porta Potties and fixed bathrooms will be on sight, as well as regulary scheduled cleanings.

Possibly 4-5 parking passes per team (admission to the fair is free this year, but parking is $5.00).

Plenty of Garbage receptacles and hot ash cans

There is an RV park on site that will be available to the cookers and family and is only $10.00 per day. (If you want to have more than can fit in your space)

There will be several Blues acts as well. Mostly local groups that have done very well in the Blues world (I am a huge Blues fan). Cannot comment on who until they get them signed.

If you have any other questions that I can get answered for you please let me know. The organizers are committed to making this a very good first year event, and looking to bigger and better for next year!!

What if you need a bigger space...

I would contact the organizers, they will have plenty of space and I am sure they can accomodate that. I am not involved in the pricing aspect so I would not be able to help you there...

Do you need more than 30x30 ?? Is it all of those trophies ?? :lol:

My rv is 31' and I need extra room off the back for my ramp to get my smoker off. I don't bring my trophies... They are too big... :wink:

Scottie

My rv is 31' and I need extra room off the back for my ramp to get my smoker off. I don't bring my trophies... They are too big... :wink:

Scottie

Scottie, I talked with the organizer this morning. Our coach is 37'. Paying an extra $10 bucks.

Scottie

ROFLMAO, That is a good one, plus it is true!! Are you going to be able to make it to this one Scottie ?

Back