New Member from Fayetteville, Arkansas

cpresoz

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Curtis
Thanks for letting me join! I'm a longtime casual griller but eager to learn. Our old Brinkmann boxy grill finally gave up the ghost so I recently got a Weber Jumbo Joe (since it's just the wife and me with the kids out of the house with kids of their own). After trying some smoking with it, a friend gave me an old Char-Broil H2O smoker and I'm determined to mod it (which led me to this great forum), make it work and smoke some meat. I feel like a small fish floating up to a big school of friendly fish.
I'm a little disappointed my title doesn't mention lighter fluid!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome, Curtis, and Merry Christmas. I have a Master Forge smoker, probably very similar to your Charbroil, and I have cooked lots of good food on it. No doubt that you will do the same.

Thank you. I'm learning a lot following so many informative threads on this forum.

New

Hello y’all my name is Paul and I am an avid smoker of meats. My wife and I have a small restaurant and use an ole hickory el-ib. I live in Mayville, ND but came from Texas. Prior to that little guy I have had many offset smokers and some home builds.

Welcome from SC, Curtis. It’s really good to have you on this great site. There are a lot of fine folks here who are always eager to share their recipes, ideas and tips. All you need to do is ask away and keep on reading.

Good luck and good smoking, Joe.

Thanks, Joe. I can already tell how helpful and friendly folks are. I'm reading up and getting my gear ready. I'll dive into cooking this weekend.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Curtis, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Hello y’all my name is Paul and I am an avid smoker of meats. My wife and I have a small restaurant and use an ole hickory el-ib. I live in Mayville, ND but came from Texas. Prior to that little guy I have had many offset smokers and some home builds.

Welcome Paul.....

Back