New LSG 20x42 Offset Temperature Range

flexstar

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
skip
I broke in my new LSG 20x42 offset smoker this week. Chris's directions emphasize not to exceed 250º for four to six hours of burn time. I got the inside all "Pamed" up and started the fire. Before I fired it it I put five Taylor oven thermometer in it. Three on the top rack and two on the bottom rack. I had it all dialed in at 225º for about two good hours never opening the cooking chamber door. I thought this should be a good time to check temperatures. The LSG TeleTru door gauge read a study 225º. I open the chamber and took a quick but accurate read of the thermometers. Top rack from left to right: L 250º,C 250º and R 275º. Bottom rack from left to right: L 225º and R 225º. I would say this cooker has very uniform temperatures range. The fire box is on the right side of the cooker and the heat baffles are positions on the right wall very evenly. Being as heat rises I would expect on most cookers the top rack is the warmest. I think it's nice to know what and where various temperatures are in your cooker.

The LSG 20x42 is my next smoker purchase. I have only heard great things about it.

I run my LSG 20X42 at 250-275 on the bottom rack thats its sweet spot. The top rack will be about 50 degrees more. I love that because I can do chicken wings and poppers on the top and it makes them crispier. Or if you have stuff to cook at a higher temp throw it on the top.

Back