New Jumbo Joe Build

Thought about it when I had a SJS, even bought the parts. Never thought about converting my JJ. 80 qt stock pot, huh?

It's really a sweet and stout build. I'll be done today or tomorrow. Just have to add my air intake and build my basket. Been crazy at work so I've not had as much free time as usual. I can't justify ignoring my family to work on a personal project.

Scratched the paint around the hole on the Jumbo Joe. Guess one more trip to the store to get some high heat paint. I have my lock nuts soaking in vinegar to remove the zinc and will paint them with the BBQ paint as well when done. I actually notched the rim of the pot for my probe wires. I'm very happy with the outcome.

Yes, middle shelf. not enough room with short lid for anything tall on the to rack.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Any advice cooking Turkey on this guy? I'm wanting to capture juices for gravy. That might be my first cook on it as I'm sure this guy will want to run hot for the first few cooks.

Any advice cooking Turkey on this guy? I'm wanting to capture juices for gravy. That might be my first cook on it as I'm sure this guy will want to run hot for the first few cooks.

add screws for a 3rd grate in between the top and bottom grate mounts so you can have a pan on the bottom rack or cook it in a pan with something in the pan to elevate the turkey off the bottom of the pan.

add screws for a 3rd grate in between the top and bottom grate mounts so you can have a pan on the bottom rack or cook it in a pan with something in the pan to elevate the turkey off the bottom of the pan.

I'm wondering if a spatchcocked turkey would fit fine on the top shelf with a pan underneath to catch drippings?

Back