New Holland Summer Fest (8/24-25) New Holland, PA (KCBS)

i was #18 on the waiting list, just got an e-mail yesterday buttheads are in. just go,s to show if you don't take the chance you don't get the chance

For returning teams, does everyone head out after the awards Saturday or is it possible to leave the next morning? I have a wedding halfway between there and home Sunday so would love to hang out with some folks and decompress after the contest.

For returning teams, does everyone head out after the awards Saturday or is it possible to leave the next morning? I have a wedding halfway between there and home Sunday so would love to hang out with some folks and decompress after the contest.

SIDE - not sure what I'm gonna do this year (still not even sure if Sean is gonna be able to make it with me).

Last year, it rained around the awards time, but we did stay in the area overnight.. We stayed in the local motel, got showered and then went to some local Italian restaurant.. I'd never had such bad Italian food that tasted so damn good. (meaning it was crappy by my standards but after cooking BBQ for 24 hrs it was awesome).

I'll keep you posted on my plans.

Anyone have a list of all the teams who are competing?.. we'll be there, just wondering who all is going to be there, just did our first one for the year, smoke on the allegheny, and I sure hope New holland goes better for us...lol.

Has anyone received a cooks packet yet? I thought I had one but can't find it.

Has anyone received a cooks packet yet? I thought I had one but can't find it.

I don't think they send you a cooks packet before time. We got this email back on July 23rd.

New Holland Summer Fest
· P.O. Box 463 · New Holland, PA 17557

email: nhsummerfest@yahoo.com

Dear Summer Fest Competitor,

Summer Fest is just around the corner. The committee is working hard to make this year’s event just as good as in the past.

Again we have set the limit at 72 teams. That is all that we can comfortably handle in the judges room and on the Park grounds.

Check in time is anytime after 8:00 AM on Friday August 24. Please do not arrive on Thursday as the Committee is hard at work laying out electric and water lines and marking off sites. If you are a returning competitor we will try and put you in the same spot as last year unless you requested other arrangements. Please go to the same entrance that you did last year. We will have someone there to guide you to your spot. If this is your first time to New Holland, please park in the street until someone determines the best entrance to get you to your spot. Please bear with us as we get all 72 of you in place.

We have a full slate of KCBS certified judges on schedule to judge your entries.

We have increased the prize money this year. In the 4 KCBS we are paying cash from 1st to 10th place. Also we have cash and trophies for the top 5 overall winners.

In the packet that you receive after you arrive, there will be a schedule of all of the pertinent times along with other info. Also, we are including a list of all of the teams along with the chief cook’s name so you can learn to know the other teams.

If there is any chance that you cannot attend, please let us know as soon as possible as we have other teams that want to get in. If canceling, please send email to address at top of letter.

New Holland Summer Fest Committee
Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Good luck to all who are going to New Holland Summer Fest 2007. I'll be in Vegas that week but we will be thinking of yoouuusss...Tom & Bonnie..

We're starting to feel the crunch. Only just started getting ready today. Man we have a lot to do by Thursday night! We don't even have the meat lined up yet (and briskets can be hit or miss around here). :roll:

i hear ya, i'm tring to get everything ready for new holland and also in the middle of putting a half bath in my basement that has to be done by september 8th for a familiy reunion at my house:eek: . i hope to meet some of you guys this time. see you friday. we are donating for the potluck dinnir for the teams friday night, from what i was told all the pa. teams are hosting the meal i'm doing a low country shrimp boil(shrimp, corn on cob, sausage and potatos with a kick:wink: )

i hear ya, i'm tring to get everything ready for new holland and also in the middle of putting a half bath in my basement that has to be done by september 8th for a familiy reunion at my house:eek: . i hope to meet some of you guys this time. see you friday. we are donating for the potluck dinnir for the teams friday night, from what i was told all the pa. teams are hosting the meal i'm doing a low country shrimp boil(shrimp, corn on cob, sausage and potatos with a kick:wink: )

Didn't know anything about a dinner Friday. Sounds fun! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

yeah i got an e-mail from them last week asking all pa teams to help host a dinner for everyone it will be after the cooks meeting friday night around 9pm.

yeah i got an e-mail from them last week asking all pa teams to help host a dinner for everyone it will be after the cooks meeting friday night around 9pm.
Yeah, I haven't responded to that request yet but I'm trying to put something together.

Back