THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BackDoorBBQ

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Mike
New guy here from Oklahoma. I have been grilling for awhile. I learned about indirect heat in a grilling book i got for Christmas back In 2013. In 2019 I started watching videos off people making BBQ on Weber kettles and I purchased a slow and sear. It worked ok but the fitment was terrible since I was using it on an expert grill kettle and it was hard to control the temps. I also was not a fan of the smell after a long cook even when using BandB charcoal. I started watching mad scientist BBQ videos and really wanted to get a stick burner. This past Xmas I got a fire pit for Christmas and I noticed how much more pleasant the smell was on my clothes vs charcoal. This pushed me over the edge. I was really torn between the brazos, wrangler and the pecos. I would have preferred to get a thicker cooker but the wrangler seemed to small and the price difference and weight of the brazos was a turn off since it’s my first offset. So I decided on the Pecos. I think it will need some tuning and practice on my part to get it running good but I am looking forward to it. Here is a pic of the smoker and my Pecan wood. Second picture is a top roast made on my kettle using the snake method. Wrapped in butcher paper and waygu tallow after bark was set.

Attachments

Back