THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter B

Just wanted to come by and introduce myself. I've been a long time self proclaimed master of the grill, but I have only recently learned the true joy of real BBQ. I've owned numerous gas grills for doing steaks, burger, dogs, boneless chicken breasts, and sausages. I recently had enough of the flare ups, fires, burnt up grub and general BS and went out and bought a Weber 18.5 OTS, stumbled across this site, and my life has been changed for ever. I also have an old Brinkman vertical upright smoker, with several mods, still not great for the job, I can do better with a brick and some foil in my Weber. I've done butts, brisket, a chuckie, and chicken with some sucess, but I have a lot to learn. I also have a great method/recipe for "Grilled Blue Crab" - the result of one too many cold ones and not enough crabs to fire up the big pot.

I've been lurking around here for a while, and already have a Weber mini WSM under construction (pot to arrive tomorrow)

I look forward to picking up more tips and tricks from everyone here.

Here's my list of toys:
Weber 18.5 Silver
Weber Smokey Joe (soon to be mini wsm)
Char Broil TRU 2 burner (Fast food)
Modified Brinkman Smoke n Grill

And for other than BBQ:
"Big Easy" Oil-less turkey fryer - LP
Old school Turkey fryer
SS Jet burner and 120 Qt. "The Sacker" boiling rig.

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Last edited:
Welcome Neighbor! I too have a Big Easy oil-less after frying hundreds of turkeys and about a thousand gallons of peanut oil.

This is a Great site with Great Folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back