THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ChefKevRTR

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hey y'all!

I'm Kevin and I am from Charlotte, NC in the heart of pork BBQ country. I am a professional chef by trade but have been smoking for about 15 years as a hobby. I've had five knee surgeries in the last 16 months (two more to come) and therefore I'm unable to work at the moment. Having said that, I have a lot of time on my hands and have decided to turn the passion I have for all things BBQ into a business. I'd also like to get in to competing in the very near future.
I just upgraded my smoking equipment from a mass produced, made in China brand to a Yoder Loaded Wichita! I couldn't be more stoked (no pun intendedšŸ˜). I just did the initial burn-off and seasoning yesterday and the first real smoke on my Yoder comes tomorrow with 70lbs of pork butt.

Anyway, I'm on here to learn, to connect with fellow smoking brethren and to share in this passion we all have in common. I want to learn more about competing, trade recipes/techniques and I'm sure I'll come away with all kinds of great new ideas!

I look forward to connecting with y'all! RTR

Welcome! I am also a newbie to this forum. I am amazed at all the information listed here. I have just scratched the surface and have learned a lot. It seems that that the brethren are eager to help and answer your questions. Have fun and good luck.

Welocme to the asylum!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Kevin, welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az. Good luck with you upcoming surgeries and recovery.

Howdy, Kev!

Got relatives in Charlotte but I don't think you could pry be out of Texas, now. I do miss good whole hog pork Q and Neece's Liver Pudding, though.

Welcome to the smoke. You've found a great bunch of folks. Don't be a stranger!

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welocme!

I'm an old Charlottean... but it's been a while.

Hang in there with all the surgeries! Good Lord! Hope you'll be back up on your feet in minimal time with good results.

You've truly found "the right place" for all things smoked and grilled (and a few other bits, too). I think True Southern Hospitality has taken over 'round here... and the words of wisdom are about 95% spot-on.

Enjoy, man. Good to have you 'round the forum.

Neeses rocks!

Howdy, Kev!

Got relatives in Charlotte but I don't think you could pry be out of Texas, now. I do miss good whole hog pork Q and Neece's Liver Pudding, though.

Welcome to the smoke. You've found a great bunch of folks. Don't be a stranger!

Thanks for the welcome!

Welocme!

I'm an old Charlottean... but it's been a while.

Hang in there with all the surgeries! Good Lord! Hope you'll be back up on your feet in minimal time with good results.

You've truly found "the right place" for all things smoked and grilled (and a few other bits, too). I think True Southern Hospitality has taken over 'round here... and the words of wisdom are about 95% spot-on.

Enjoy, man. Good to have you 'round the forum.
Thank you sir! Much appreciated! In the meantime, I'll be smokin until I'm back on my feet!!

Back