THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meyert1

Found some matches.
Guys,

First time buying wood for my cooker and I just purchased a half cord of split hickory. I stacked it in my garage last night, and woke this morning to a foul smell in my garage from the wood. This wood was covered at the sawmill that I purchased it from. Is this normal? Should I cook with it? I was thinking its from the mud in the yard it was stored in and i hope its just green and a little damp. I hope it doesn't transfer to my food. Thoughts?

T-man

lol, no nothing will transfer from your wood to your food... unless you're cooking your food on top of your splits. :razz: Remember we're talking fire here, after burning there's no nasties.

If it's just musty not rotted then no harm no foul...storage outside might be a good idea though.

Cooked a small roast beast on our RF last week. Several of the splits had moss on them. Didn't taste anything "weird" on the meat.

Back