New Contest for 2011! Go Naked BBQ!

What about my Rotisserie? (Southern Yankee stick burner) Can I plug it in or do I have to take the chain off n crank it all night?:confused:

Wish it was closer.........

Me too. We'd be all over that! Our Primos don't require any electricity.

My only question would be if it were going to be sanctioned with those restrictions. If not, how the judging and scoring would be handled.

Me too. We'd be all over that! Our Primos don't require any electricity.

My only question would be if it were going to be sanctioned with those restrictions. If not, how the judging and scoring would be handled.

It wont be sanctioned by KCBS, but I'm sure the judging will mirror the taste, tenderness and appearance approach, as most of the competitors are familiar with KCBS in this area. Tim could chime in on this one.

For some reason I doubt garnish will be allowed as well, I thought I caught wind of that a few months ago

More information will be forthcoming on the website within the next few weeks, including entry form pdf's, contact information, etc. Please bear with us...

Last edited:
I can see this filling up fast.. I cook in a kilt.. but im not so sure about cooking naked, sounds a bit dangerous.:cool:

Actually, I thought you attended contests with Jon while wearing a kilt -- competing with pellet cookers really isn't cooking! :-D

(let the smack tawk begin!)

^^^^^^^^ Real stick burners don't use charcoal.:thumb: Just sayin! I don't..............But then again I've got a rotissier & I'm not a true stick burner.:confused:

This is where the brethern is different. Here is a guy just wanting to have a different twist. If you dont want to enter fine. If you cant cook with out your pellet cooker or guru then fine with that too....just a little old school fun...Neil (bigmista) and I were talking about this and he said that you should tape off your thermometer! (easy for him he cooks five days a week on his spicewine with the broken thermometer!

Actually, I thought you attended contests with Jon while wearing a kilt -- competing with pellet cookers really isn't cooking! :-D

(let the smack tawk begin!)

says the man travelling halfway across the country to take a comp. class given by someone with a pellet cooker :p

Back