New Bacon Explosion idea

SteveSmokes

I am still new to the forum. This idea was new to me, but may or may not be new to you. I was thinking rather than do the normal Bacon explosion with Bacon wraped around sausage (see BBQadicts.com if you are unfamiliar), I thought it would be intersting to roll ground beef. The idea being you would mimic some of the more popular burgers.

Tonight I wrapped bacon around ground beef, swiss cheese and onion to duplicate one of my favorite burgers - the bacon onion swiss. I will post pron later. I will let you know how it goes.

Another variation would be a smokehouse with bacon, ground beef, cheddar and BBQ sauce.

Feel free to chime in with other recipe ideas.

Welcome Steve !!!

Sounds good..

On a similar note, spend some time checking around and you will see the MOINK ball has a Brethren cult following rivaling, and maybe even exceeding the bacon explosion

:eek:ff:

I just played a round of golf in Middletown, DE. today.

:focus:

edit- I guess the off topic smiley doesn't work here :icon_blush:

Recommended

The family loved it. Here is the Pron:

Bacon weave, Beef and layer of swiss(started, but not complete):
830715807_WrfQh-M.jpg

Started to roll(not the weave). Only 1/2 has the onion (parent's side):
830715963_n4Vvj-M.jpg

Ready to go to the BGE
830716119_NVm96-M.jpg

On the BGE:
830716273_wWhex-M.jpg

Fin (onion side cut open)
830716432_iVnFu-M.jpg

I hope you enjoyed!

Sounds like an awesome experiment. Do some burgers where I mix ground bacon and cheddar into them. Now those taste awesome so this explosion sounds like it'll be stellar! Good work.

Looks awesome. My first bacon explosion was made last night and is being consumed by grateful coworkers as I type this.

Question: What leanness of beef did you use? I'm wondering if maybe one could get away with use of a lean-ish grind since the bacon and the filling may keep the explosion moist (and, I'd think, you wouldn't have to cook it to as high a temp as with the sausage-based version). Thoughts?

Nice idea and better yet was your pron! Congrats on the sucessful cook! Welcome to the forum!

I have seen where people put partialy cooked bacon pieces in the middle as well. Never made one, I think my arteries would close while I did.

Back