THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I started out with a similar Brinkmann years ago - never could get the thing to reach and maintain temp, but then again I didn't try making any modifications to it either. Even if all you can use it for is parts you made a good score though.

well i tried it today. i almost filled the pan with kingsford briquettes mixed with some lump. i got up to the first line on ideal. i figured it was maybe 200-225. i had drilled a small hole for my meat temp lead so i just stuck a thermometer in the same hole. the dang thing was on 350!!! stayed there for about 4 hours. good thing it did not get to the middle of ideal. think i am gonna install a permanent gauge on it.

here is the spatchcock chicken that i cooked today. i know it looks burned but that is just the rub. (lots of dark brown sugar) actually it was very moist.

Attachments

Back