Need some Ideas

lcbateman3

is Blowin Smoke!
Hey All,

I've been cooking some boneless skinless chicken breast wrapped in bacon and topped with white cheddar cheese for a while. Been cooking indirect on the kettle with a chunk or two of wood.

What I have been thinking about is stuffing the breast with something. Not sure what though. Any ideas?

When I do that, I put lemon slices and cilantro against the chicken, and use the bacon wrap to hold that on. Sometimes I dust on some spices too. Since no one wants to eat a lemon slice, I take the assemblage apart and put the bacon and cilantro leaves in some beans. The coloration of the chicken breast is really neat, and the lemon/cilantro/bacon flavors are cooked into it quite nicely.

I did bacon wrapped breast a couple weeks ago, stuffed with roasted pablano pepper ,sauted onions, sun dried tomatoes, and provalone cheese. Turned out very nice and had great flavor.
Roasted the peppers first, then a quick bath of cold water and the skin came off with ease.

Last edited:
I stuff mine with Philly cream cheese,sour cream and finely shredded sharp chedar cheese and a thinly sliced piece of honey ham.

Here's my idea:

Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu

GrilledCordonBleu_1_3_450.jpg

John

Yea for some reason I didn't have his page booked marked even though we spent time out in Vegas together, no need to fear though, it is now in the bookmarks.

I pound breast and coat with honey mustard layer buckboard bacon or ham and ortega chile, roll dust with plowboys and cook then top with provolone cheese at end. Always a hit.
IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

I ate 58 chicken breasts over my last 10 weeks of dieting. I hope to never eat one again. Great ideas here though.

Sometimes I shove a big Italian sausage between two breasts.

Its one of my specialties. I call it Sausage Capozzoli.

Back