THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Post

Hello Brethren!

I just joined and wanted to post my first standing rib roast grill pron. Thanks for the inspiration Wampas. I used about the same rub and cooked on converted to charcoal electric Charbroil bullet smoker.

Attachments

Excellent job on the Prime Rib! That looks perfect!

If you haven't already, please stop by the Cattle Call section and introduce yourself!

Thanks for the good karma Ron. I'll post an intro in the cattlecaw section. I didn't have prime, but the choice turned out to way better than the prime from Outback steakhouse. It's really an art getting the finishing time down so that the rest of dinner can be finished at the same time the roast is done. I had to rap it in foil and place it in a cooler with towels for about an hour until everything else was done.

But man, this tasted really good. I can't believe I once thought prime rib, or as I know now, standing rib roast cook be made at home. Special thanks to everyone who has posted valuable info here.

Thanks for the good karma Ron. I'll post an intro in the cattlecaw section. I didn't have prime, but the choice turned out to way better than the prime from Outback steakhouse. It's really an art getting the finishing time down so that the rest of dinner can be finished at the same time the roast is done. I had to rap it in foil and place it in a cooler with towels for about an hour until everything else was done.

But man, this tasted really good. I can't believe I once thought prime rib, or as I know now, standing rib roast cook be made at home. Special thanks to everyone who has posted valuable info here.

Good looking piece of meat! Oh, the "prime" rib you had at outback is certainly not "prime" - likely mid grade choice at best (they, like most restaurants call it prime rib, as opposed to a rib roast). And by the way, I think you nailed it!! It looks fantastic and perfectly done for me! When you doing it again so we can come over??

i get confused, thats a prime rib roast, which is ribeyes that haven't been cut into steaks?

Prime rib are filet minons that haven't been cut into steaks, correct?

Are am I really confused?

False Advertisment

Good looking piece of meat! Oh, the "prime" rib you had at outback is certainly not "prime" - likely mid grade choice at best (they, like most restaurants call it prime rib, as opposed to a rib roast). And by the way, I think you nailed it!! It looks fantastic and perfectly done for me! When you doing it again so we can come over??

If the menu says prime, and it's not, would that be violating some sort of law?

Nailed it!

Thanks for the vote of confidence gtsum. It turned out to be great tasting. I can see how a marbled prime roast would be a little better tenderized, but hey, this SRR was great.

i get confused, thats a prime rib roast, which is ribeyes that haven't been cut into steaks?

Prime rib are filet minons that haven't been cut into steaks, correct?

Are am I really confused?

A rib roast is cut into steaks and called ribeyes and a tenderloin is cut into steaks and called filet mignon.

A rib roast is cut into steaks and called ribeyes and a tenderloin is cut into steaks and called filet mignon.

thank, somewhere along the line I got that prime rib and tenderloin was the same thing, hence I was always getting confused

Back