Need help finding any mods for Brinkman Stillwater.

Hoorenga

is one Smokin' Farker
Haven't had any time to do much more than look at the new Brinkman Stillwater this weekend. I put it by the door so I can at least see it as I go to work. I did a search for information on it on this site but couldn't find anything. That may have more to do with my inability to do a proper search than there not being any info. If anyone has one of these and or knows of any mods that need to be done I would apreciate knowing about them. I'll probably need a basket for it for those times when I want to use charcoal. Right now all it has is a small rectangular grate on the bottom of the fire box. Is that all I need for a stick fire? It looks like there is a place for another grate higher up near the top of the fire box but it didn't come with one. It would also be nice if there were a second (upper) shelf in the main large smoking chamber. Not that I need the extra space but it is nice to be able to place some things over other things to get a natural basting. Some one suggested fire bricks. What thickness of brick would I use and would they go in the smoke chamber as well as the fire box.

Thanks

Hoo

Get the grate up off the bottom of the firebox - my small horizontal lets me put the fire grate long way or short (across the firebox) to adjust the height.

If you do the firebrick thing get splits - the are thinner, lighter, and do the job.

Foor a second shelf in the horizontal -- measure the length and width of the chamber at the height you want the shelf. Go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, grill store, Walmart, etc. and buy a replacement cooking grate of the appropriate size - get some proper length bolts, and correct washers, nuts, etc. and make a shelf.

Another option would be rebar and expanded metal - but then comes cutting, welding etc.

But, please, cook something - soon! You don't need any of this to cook a chicken! :D

1. start fire
2. let coals burn down
3. put burning coals in firbox
4. add meat
5. let meat cook.

If all else fails, just throw on a hotdog, but please cook something and make us all feel better.

kcquer said:
http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4674&highlight=mod+minion

Hoo, unless your firebox door fits much better than mine did, you might get some benefit from this mod I did on the Cimarron.

(KC, check that thread.. did we loose a photo in there?)

Back