THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hasher

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
hasher
Hi guys,
I bought a small gas grill is Char-Broil Portable 240 Liquid Propane used. I bought it last month. So now I must set aside a good couple of hours to put it together.The igniter won’t work and the gas tank is bigger than the legs &sort of just hangs there.
So, I researching an other small gas grill named is Fuego Element. Do u know it? It cost more than $200, but the lid handle gets very hot. Although, I very like design's Fuego, so unique!
I need your advice!

I have a couple of the Fuegos, one at home and one at the lake. No real complaints. I like the looks and the hidden LP tank. I have not found the handle to be difficult, though it does get fairly warm.

You'll need a grill cover, though. The thing is a water magnet in a rain. The water ends up in the shallow grease pan, usually filling it to the brim and making it difficult to dump without spilling greasy water on the deck.

Hey airedale! How easy is it to clean this grill clean?

Do you really need a small grill? In that price range there are a lot of options. What do you want to do with it?

Yup! $150-250 and they serve for 2-3 person. Anything suggestions?

Have you considered a Weber Q model?? I have a 10 year Q220 with zero problems and many great cooks. The smaller Q also gets rave reviews...

Hey airedale! How easy is it to clean this grill clean?
Well, the cooking grate is cast iron, with a porcelain finish. It's a little heavy to handle of course but it cleans up just fine. I put it in the dishwasher occasionally.

Underneath the cooking grate is a diffuser plate that protects the burners (two, inner and outer) from drippings and, I suppose, evens out the heat. It gets pretty ugly, I have not studied it carefully but it appears to be galvanneal steel. This is a galvanized steel originally developed for automobiles and is generally quite good stuff. But I think the heat has caused some of the zinc to burn off, which leads to some rusting and aforementioned ugliness. Some energy with steel wool or a steel brush in a drill motor would probably make it look decent. All that said, it is probably no uglier or harder to clean than any grill diffuser plate. I think they are all thin and cheap steel.

Re all the Weber love, IIRC one of the advantages of the Fuegos is that they are not ugly. :mrgreen:

Back