NEBS Board of Directors Nominations

As an aside, (and no slam on Sled, any NEBS Member, or anyone else,) Upstate NY starts more or less @ Bear Mountain (sliding scale noted) LI and metro NY has NOTHING to do with the rest of the state. Otherwise we have this sort of mutual love until elections come around, BBQ or presidential. But that is it. :)

NY to be properly represented in NEBS needs 2 reps. It takes 12+ hrs to go from Montauk to Fredonia if you don't go through 2 other states. I can hit every state in NE and be home in that time.

NEBS does have a New York 'state representative', Eric Johnson.
(they are elected too, by the way)

This thread is about a BoD position... coming to monthly meetings, at least once in a while, is a requirement - I believe.
A state rep has different responsibilities than a BoD member.

just to clarify... what do they say?... clear as mud.

The board can be a maximum of 16 people, the number for a given year is a suggestion of the nominating commitee. We begane 2008 with 16 BOD members, there are currently 14 because of different reasons.

Off the top of my head, I believe 7 current members are NOT up for re-election which leaves 9 positions (give or take).

Of the 7 current board members with expring terms, one is unable to run again because he's been on the board for 6 straight years, and I believe another board member has expressed that she will not be running again.

Back