THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Rub, Just to clarify so there is NO question, The National BBQ Cup is going to be Memorial Day weekend from 2016 forward, no date changes or location changes on the horizon (once the details come out you will all see what is going on). The Cumming, GA event (Now called Que'n in Cumming) will always be the same weekend as we have been in Cumming for the past 5 years in the Weekend before Thanksgiving.

Thanks for getting this together in Nashville. I know they have a few road construction issues and it's a busy area but there are some great folks there. We cooked at the Sam's Club in Hendersonville last year and had many folks come up to chat and ask questions. All were very polite and friendly.

With the contest at the stadium, it is only a "short" walk to Broadway where there is some great people watching.

I would like to thank you for bringing another great event to BBQ.

I'd be surprised if it didn't hurt Lewisburg. Not that many teams around here wanting to cook a contest and then pickup and drive an hour to cook another. Plus, how easy do you really think it will be to roll into the Nashville contest late Saturday afternoon. I know the Nashville contest will not be at an American Royal level for it's first year, but I'm guessing it's not going to be easy on a team or the organizer to get the team setup late Saturday. I hope I'm completely wrong and both contests can co-exist on the same weekend, but I'm betting that it's not going to happen.

Was very excited about the prospect of a big Nashville competition (seems we've gone from 0 to 2 in one year), but also bummed that it is the same weekend as Lewisburg. I got my first ever GC in the Backyard contest last year at Lewisburg & am planning on going back this year.

Maybe I could still talk the wife into letting me Judge on Sunday after Lewisburg on Saturday......

Lots of good GCs out there for non-KCBS events

Too bad this event is limited to KCBS GCs. There are lots of good GC cooks in the south from non-KCBS contests. This new event would become a Royal-like if all GCs were invited.

Too bad this event is limited to KCBS GCs. There are lots of good GC cooks in the south from non-KCBS contests. This new event would become a Royal-like if all GCs were invited.

Not sure where the info came from that this event would be only limited to KCBS Grand Champions, that is NOT factual. We will have all the qualifying information up on the new website shortly. It will include many Non KCBS winners in that group. This event is about BBQ Champions not sanctioning bodies.

We welcome many different champions to be part of this event and will do the best we can to include those in this.

Not sure where the info came from that this event would be only limited to KCBS Grand Champions, that is NOT factual. We will have all the qualifying information up on the new website shortly. It will include many Non KCBS winners in that group. This event is about BBQ Champions not sanctioning bodies.

We welcome many different champions to be part of this event and will do the best we can to include those in this.

Thanks for the info Randall! I'm patiently (not really) awaiting all the details to come out on the website (in particular the qualifying date ranges). This will dictate Nashville vs. Evans for us; although, Nashville will be tough since Friday is the last day of school before summer break.

Also, thanks for keeping the Cumming event going through this as it is one of our favorite events year to year.

Just a quick note:
Randall and I will have info out this coming week with a entry from online. It will be held in Nashville, TN at the Nissan Stadium, Titans parking lot on the South End with a walkway straight to all the cool bars downtown! WE will have room first year for 150+ teams.

If you want on the entry form list you can also email me or Randall.

Thanks
Arlie Bragg
arlie@arliequeevents.com

*All past Memphis in May Grand Champions * All KCBS Grand Champions from 5-1-15 thru 4-30-16 *All past FBA Teams of the year * All Past KCBS Teams of the year * All Past MBN Teams of the Year *All Past Jack Daniels Invitational Grand Champions * All Past American Royal Invitational and Open Grand Champions * MBN Grand Champions from 5-1-2015 through 4-30-2016

I mean, I guess that's not just KCBS GC's, but Texas is sad right now.

Is there going to be an open competition? The website looks as its only the invitational contests.

Just speculation on my part, but they may be allowing the invitational teams the first chance to sign up since they are limiting the number of teams to 150.

Back