THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RemoGaggi

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
RemoGaggi
I picked up this cool little Yakitori grill from Cost Plus World Market yesterday for $15. It's tiny! The cooking surface is only 8.5" x 4". But it produces some great food for just the two of us. I didn't have any of the (expensive) Japanese Binchotan charcoal, so I just used some lump charcoal and it worked out well. Here's some chicken skewers and some flanken cut marinated short ribs.

Remo,

I love this post! I have been thinking about one of these for a long time... How fun would this be to throw a kabob on every once in a while when friends are over having cocktails or wine? Thanks for posting and reminding me to pick one up!

Thanks,
Greg

This is awesome.

I'd love to try to put together skewers for my family along the lines of David Chang's experience in Ugly Delicious (Season 1 / Episode 5)! (Also, once this COVID thing is over, apparently, that chef has a new restaurant!)

I'm really kicking myself for not buying one at Make Man in Okinawa and putting it in our household goods in '16...

Curious to see what adventures you continue with this small, but interesting piece of kit.

That looks delicious! I dont have one of those, but will probably invest soon in something similar or a Lodge type. We are getting together with family members several times a month and my bro n law (ex Marine) and his wife (she is Okinawan) like to introduce us to world food from their food travels...some of that has been kabobs.

Those are cool. I had one and eventually gave it to friend when she was going to host a small party. They work well.

41A4dAUh.jpg

5lTHvRQh.jpg

I'm in. Finally. Purchased the little fancy charcoal tubes a couple months ago. Wife had a discount members code plus discount for curbside pick up. Do not know if one or both applied but total was $12.42 including .0825 sales tax

Last edited:
Yep, gotta make that first cook spectacular.

OP may have started something. This could be huge. Bigger than Smokey Joe tamale pot cookers. Bigger than UDS.

Back