My second brisket... (Pr0n)

SteveT

Knows what a fatty is.
Hi Guys...

Ok.... here are a couple of photos of my second brisket I have ever done. Six pound brisket, but it didn't have a big fat cap (best one I could find). I put it in a bowl of Cherry Coke the night before last, then last night I put a good coating of "Big Johns" brisket rub (was going to use a home made one, but just didn't have the time to make it.... what can I say, I had to go fly my RC planes)... Anyway, I put it in my Charbroil "Silver" at 9:00AM, after getting the smoker up to about 250 degrees where I pretty much kept it all day, and pulled it at 4:45, when it hit 187 degrees, as my digital thermometer slid in like a hot knife into butter.. wrapped it in aluminum foil for about 45 minutes (what can I say, the family was hungry, and threatening bodily harm towards me).

I think it turned out pretty good, and so did my family... :smile:

SteveT

Attachments

• Before rest.jpg
    Before rest.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 122
  • cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 124
Thanks guys.... I'm trying!! Gotta admit....I get very impatient when doing a long smoke, and I get hungry!! Tried to get my wife to run out to McDonald's for me, but she wouldn't do it.... So, I went hungry all day....but the wait was worth it!!

SteveT

Looks successful from here... my brisket #2 is on the smoker now... I hope mine looks half as good as that one :)

Back