My Raffle Prize Weber OTG :)

you can post anything you want on my treads Tish ;)

'twas in a panic to get dinner on so please excuse the discombobble :)

bacon wrapped stuffed chicken thighs

these thighs are huge ! usually i'll take a single piece of bacon , these have 2 and i'm out there using toothpicks to keep them from falling off !

Thats the way I would have done it so you're good!

But where is the Coppertone tan line? :laugh

Look under the hood…. :heh: :twisted:

And Woody, the pron is great!! I agree with my brother, great idea for your first cook. Chicken thighs in my area are pretty small, glad you got some monsters for your first cook. Anything you want to enter in the holiday feast Throwdown? It ends January 5th and Moose and the whackadoodlers are looking for more entries. :becky:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177125

Lovin' the bacon candy chicken! Nice maiden voyage, Greg. Glad to see it will be well-used. :thumb:

yea enjoying my 15 mins of fame , but tomorrow it will be raining by the time the Pats start and i'll have either a tri tip or a brisket on my pellet smoker . no love for pellet smoke here :(

but maybe :)

Yes, there is a lack of love for pellet smoke here. However, if you enter the TD just don't say you cooked it on a pellet smoker! :twisted: If you want to post a shot of your entry while cooking, leave the controversial bits out of the photo. TD cooks just have to be done over live fire -- does a pellet smoker have that? 'Scuze my ignorance, I've never used one or seen one in action. Another thing about cook threads, many don't show cooking over fire. Most have shots of the ingredients and some play by play of putting them together. The final plate shot is all about the finished product. Newbies often just post one photo of the finished product. It's nice to have a few photos and some explanation of what went into the cook. You could just say it got smoked for such and such amount of time at such a temperature and leave it at that. Once you enter a few TDs you get good with the 'in' crowd, the whackadoodle-doos. Other than good natured ribbing that can sometimes cross the line…. we're a loyal bunch. And don't forget, now you have a Coppertone beauty to cook with. :becky:

There's a lot of love for pellet poopers. Many of us have no problems with them

Congrats woody. I thought it was going to be Black. That coppertone is killer...:thumb:

Congrats woody. I thought it was going to be Black. That coppertone is killer...:thumb:

It was supposed to be black. But Woody PM'd me, and proposed to forego the included cover for the OTG in exchange for getting the copper color instead. It was what he wanted, and cheaper for me, so I figured win-win! Why not?

So anyone who wins the 2013 Christmas Giveaway will get the same offer. You can have the copper colored OTG, or the cover. Your choice. :whoo:

Back