My pulled pork sucks!

Been injecting mine with 3 parts apple juice to 1 part apple cider vinegar and whatever rub I'm using. It's some extra moisture & flavor and gives a li'l cushion from drying out.

BBQ RULES FOR SUCCESS

YOU CAN NOT COOK GREAT BBQ ON A CONSISTENT BASIS BY COOKING TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OR BY TIME ( XXX MIN PER LB) YOU MUST COOK BY FEEL! For Brisket it must pass the poke test(probe like soft butter in the thickest part of the Flat) Ribs pass the Bend Test, Pork Butts when the bone wiggles loose. These are the only reliable methods to ensure that your cook will be a success. There is one exception to these rules and that is Poultry which must achieve and internal temp of 170 deg in the thickest part of the thigh and 165 in the breast

All of above advice is good. Hang in there. Next time it will be good to go I bet.

I'm going with the probe stuck in the wrong place theory. A month ago I did a butt and I couldn't believe how fast the temp got to 200. Turns out I was about 20 degrees cooler than what the probe said. Fat, bone?? Not sure but it sure wouldn't read right.

Back