THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really appreciate everyone’s input. I’m going to have to try the Lumberjack.
Rave reviews.

I’ve got 100# of B&B I’m going to work through first :)

Keep posting all those fine cooks. You go through the 100#s PDQ. Here’s a tip - low and slow only - gotta burn those pellets up. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Really proud of the way this cooker is working out.

It is an amazing little cooker. We've been super pleased with ours, and have lost count of the number of shoulders we've turned out on it. Does fantastic job with prime rib roast too. Not only that but with it being small it doesn't burn that many lbs/hr. You can get a long cook out of one hopper if you're running ~275°.

I really appreciate everyone’s input. I’m going to have to try the Lumberjack.
Rave reviews.

I’ve got 100# of B&B I’m going to work through first :)

So... next week?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Brakes are being applied. Bride has a barrage of medical tests I’ve got a Jury Summons. May be whataburger and gas station sushi for several days.

May be whataburger and gas station sushi for several days.

As long as those pics are at least HALF as tasty as your previous ones. I like sushi but have never tried "gas station sushi" though...:shocked::shocked: :fish:

And to think just a few years ago pellet grills were a sign of our impending doom as a civilization.

Mine is a great little cooker, but I wouldn’t watch it on TV :p

Didn’t have the honor of growing up watching my forefathers Manning pits and smoking meat. Doll flies for crappie and sand bass, Wheaties balls and Catfish Charlie/ treble hooks- lots of fish Frys. Filets sliced thin as lays potato chips.
Grilled foods. Dad told me they raised pigs growing up. They’d swap pigs with a neighbor and a man would come by and haul them to processing and smoking.

Grandad volunteered for WWII pretty late (in his late 20’s early 30’s) and was a medic in Germany. Daytimes were awesome Nightmares gripped him don’t think he was in to killing much after that. He would eat Chili steaming hot with a sleeve of crackers and a bottle of ketchup 4 times per week.

Maybe that’s what I see in the old Pitmasters- the back pages.

It does not say "100% Oak". It says "Premium oak mixed with flavorwood" and says at the bottom "flavored wood pellets".

Flavor wood = Oil flavored alder.

I would say its just a handful of oak with mostly oil flavored alder.

Not sure why they cant make it 100% oak. Ii think they are just trying to meet a price point and using junk wood with flavoring keeps costs down.

28swpqc.png
flavor wood means cherry, apple, hickory, etc. base wood for heat. usually oak, alder and cherry wood, real cherry wood added as flavor. not necessarily oils like trager used to do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

flavor wood means cherry, apple, hickory, etc. base wood for heat. usually oak, alder and cherry wood, real cherry wood added as flavor. not necessarily oils like trager used to do.

Do you know this for a fact, or are you hoping that "100% Natural Flavored Wood" means that? If you are hoping, you are probably wrong.

Bbq’rs delight, which makes B&B pellets according to many online sources is 2/3 oak and 1/3 flavor wood. It is expressly stated on their website. The oak is for heat and the wood is for flavor.

I’ve used B&B for several years and would recommend them to anyone. The owner of the company competes on the BBQ circuit and sponsors other teams as well.

I would feel better about pellet smoker if the pellets were actually what is listed on the bag and not mystery wood and alder flavored with oils. The pellet manufacturers all seem shady and dishonest.

Why cant they just make a bag of oak pellets actually made of oak? Texas is filled with mesquite and oak, but B&B still uses flavored mystery wood. I don't know if it's a price point they are trying to meet or what.

Smoke Ring and Smokin Brothers both are only 100% what they are supposed to be!!!

Back