my new smoker (LOTS OF PRON)

ask and you shall receive, heres some more pics of the smoker, today, I added another vent to the right side so I could control the fire better, and there is another grate under the cooking grate now to hold some water pans

Last edited:
IMG_4482.jpg

This one is the one I built. It has one vent on top as you can see here. One thing I stayed away from was any galvanized piping in the build. I see you have galvanized vents. That may be okay, they are used to take the smoke/heat out of the chamber, but I would just play it safe and try to find yourself some stove pipe. Mine works great with the one vent on top, pretty much centered.

You did put out some great looking grum there. Loaded her up and did an awesome job. Awesome!

yeah I have seen your smoker before used it to help me build mine, and the center vent was something I was really concidering, but I saw more with 2 so I ran with it, and I am going to find some stove pipe soon, just haven't found any 4 inch yet... still lookin, but this will work for now to get the smoker away from the food, I just went cheap with some stakes and chit to avoid having to buy really much of anything for mine, no kits or door for me... If I could have I prolly would have built this thing the true redneck way with some duct tape!!

yeah I have seen your smoker before used it to help me build mine, and the center vent was something I was really concidering, but I saw more with 2 so I ran with it, and I am going to find some stove pipe soon, just haven't found any 4 inch yet... still lookin, but this will work for now to get the smoker away from the food, I just went cheap with some stakes and chit to avoid having to buy really much of anything for mine, no kits or door for me... If I could have I prolly would have built this thing the true redneck way with some duct tape!!

I had a very hard time finding a stove pipe out here in California. I think it is easier to find at hardware stores back east. I went with a 6" stove pipe, that was the size of the saddles that came with teh kit I bought. It is a good looking smoker. Great to learn on. I finally got the temp control down pretty good on it. I really like it. You will enjoy that smoker, as I can see yo have already started!! Awesome job man!

Back