My "new" RED Performer Score! Pron

we scored our red Weber kettle on the side of the road (someone cleaned out their garage)... no propane, charcoal only, but that's totally fine by us.

I too love how it changes color when you cook!

nice score!

Well here is an update...I started to tank off the propane to look at the igniter...and to tighten the loose frame..turned into this. Cleaned up REAL nice...I am getting a new ash sweeper tomorrow and assemble...I will post pics of the whole process in a new thread.

Soap frame.jpg

first off that is a sweet farkin deal
secondly, I did not know there were "old school" performers. I never saw one until a couple of years ago, but I also was not really looking. How long they been around?

Looks great gpalasz! One lucky find. Do you feel like you won the lotto?
I love my performer espesially the gas ignition. I use it to fire up coals for the UDS then dump 'em in. No muss , no fuss. The gass in the older tanks last forever too.

Looks great gpalasz! One lucky find. Do you feel like you won the lotto?
I love my performer espesially the gas ignition. I use it to fire up coals for the UDS then dump 'em in. No muss , no fuss. The gass in the older tanks last forever too.

Yes I do feel like I won the lotto I have the lid thermometer and Igniter already purchased..just waiting to show up at my door. Those are the only things I need to replace...no big deal. My propane tank is pretty full which is cool...will make some burgers tomorrow but...that of coarse will be another thread. I should have it all assembled by 10am...burgers on at 11:30:-D

You have to be so excited like the day I got mine. Here's a photo I just took of mine setting next to my new WSM.
I bought it brand spanking new 10 years ago. By far the best investment I ever made. I'm thinking this guy was around $400 plus at the time.
Notice the fade to black detail around the lower edge of the lid.

WSM_2.jpg

Hey Porchpup..yes..I love that ring. Thats great yours is in such great shape...The guy I bought it from said he bought it new in "98 as well. I cleaned every inch of mine and will get many more years of use. Love your new WSM too...you have great taste

Back