My new go to taco recipe and technique (pron)

Wow guys thanks for all the replies. I already replaced the camera, so the wife is happy and all is good.

I had a couple requests for the recipe for the marinade paste, so I figured I'd post it here. I don't usually measure ingredients, so this is my best guess;

2 dried guajillo peppers, stem and seeds removed
2 dried ancho pasilla peppers, stem and seeds removed
3 canned cipotle peppers, seeds removed
2-3tbs adobo sauce
2tbs olive oil
1tbs cumin
1tbs oregano
3tbs canned crushed pineapple
2tbs white vinegar
5 cloves fresh garlic
2tbs smoked paprika
salt

Boil 3 cups of water and pour over dried peppers and allow to steep for 30 minutes.

Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor and process in a smooth paste. If needed use a few tablespoons of the chili water to thin the paste to desired thickness.

This paste marinade is powerful stuff so a little goes a long way, the acid from the vinegar and pineapple will tenderize the meat so don't overdue it on marinate time or you will end up with mush.

I was in San Antonio a few years ago and had the delight of eating Tacos Al Pastor at a place called Guajillos possibly the best mouthgasm I have ever had. We tried making them back here in the UK and although they were nice they were nowhere near as good as they were at Guajillos. I will try your recipe and hopefully get close to that awesome taste!

Back