My new "Bear Pit" by Gator Pits of Texas! (Pron)

Nice looking cooker! I agree with Larry, had a guy in town burn his house down with his grill.

Yea, I moved it away from the back of garage...the siding was getting a bit warm. I'm a worry wort about those sorts of things so I'm considering a new location so I don't have to pull it way from the wall evertime I cook.

Very nice pit and I really like the mods you had Ritch do. You will love yours as I do mine.
Found the Gator to be very fuel efficient and easy to manage the fire.

I was really surprised at how efficient it was the first time I fired it up. Being used to the Bandera...and not knowing how a larger offset would handle, I fully expected this big of a pit to be fuel hog but was pleasantly surprised at how little it takes to keep the temp at a constant 225 to 250 degrees.

wow that looks rock solid! nice choice.

how'd the Q turn out?

Turned out great. Unfortunately the smoke day took longer than expected and by the time I had coolered the butt I just didn't have it in me to take pics of the pulled product. However, I'm slicing the brisket tonight so I'll try to get some pics of the smoke ring! It's been wrapped in foil since so I'm dying to see what 10 hours in the smoke produced....

Back