My new BBQ Area is Complete!

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
My wife came up with the idea of replacing our useless rock garden that had no plants interestingly enough with a patio to house my BBQ equipment. Previously it was on the other side of the deck and since the stairs are on the opposite end it was not very practical. Another benefit was having the ugly downspout drain pipe buried under the patio.

So patio was poured on Monday and today got everything situated the way I like it. Note the PBC is stored on the right side of the cabinet as I have no plans on getting rid of my baby.

Thanks for looking.

Before:

ZYy82G3h.jpg

After:

cZC4SV6h.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Are you going to install a type of awning or shade sail? I’m trying to find some options to replace a crappy Wal Mart grill gazebo that was fine for my MAK 2 Star but takes up to much space on my 8x12 grill area now that I added a Camp Chef FTG 600. I may just go without.

Very nice! Are you going to install a type of awning or shade sail? I’m trying to find some options to replace a crappy Wal Mart grill gazebo that was fine for my MAK 2 Star but takes up to much space on my 8x12 grill area now that I added a Camp Chef FTG 600. I may just go without.

We were thinking about adding a cantilever umbrella but not sure there's really the room for that. We will see, what the wife says hahaha.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's not the grandest BBQ spot but it should work well for my needs.

Will be breaking it in tomorrow as we are having some friends over and plan to do a couple each of St. Louis style ribs and whole chickens on the MAK.

Also I can be pretty forgetful so I decided to add a sign to help me remember what the area is used for.

sPgg5bGh.jpg

Last edited:
Back