THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ron
My wife didn't know that she wanted ribs for Mothers Day until she tasted them. She is starting to warm up to these. Thanks to Kroger for their $1.77/lb baby back sale on Saturday, I scored a few racks and called these for duty.
The ribs were rubbed, smoked for about 4-1/2 hours total and served with fresh corn, tomatoes and twice-baked potatoes.
The Apple Dumplings were because of Smitty's resurrection of Jeanie's cook from 9 years ago. I used Granny Smith apples, dusted the layers with cinnamon sugar and I filled the cored out portion with brown sugar and a little butter, wrapped in pie crust and baked. Although not as pretty as Jeanie's (none of us are:wink:), they were pretty tasty. I guess I will have to keep practicing, oh darn!!
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Mothers day 1.jpg
    Mothers day 1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Mothers Day2.jpg
    Mothers Day2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Mothers Day3.jpg
    Mothers Day3.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_1151.jpg
    100_1151.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_1148.jpg
    100_1148.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_1149.jpg
    100_1149.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_1150.jpg
    100_1150.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 149
Everything looks fantastic. Great job. I got the same Kroger deal on those ribs. Happy to hear they were good.

Ron, the ribs look great. I did ribs from Kroger the week before and I was really happy with them. I see you are still using your Trail Embers Smoker. :thumb:

They are a great cooker for the price. I have been really happy with mine and have made some mods to it. I added the Q-Master Senior temp controller and the Hunsaker Vortex fire basket, and I built a rib hanging rack.
IMG_20180506_130550.jpg
The Hunsaker Vortex was the best mod I have done. I thought about building one but by the time I bought the materials I would have not saved much and since it is a proven design it was worth it.

I really need to do some apple dumplings using Jeanie's recipe. Did you bake the dumplings in the smoker?
Thanks for posting.

Back