THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Pete
I gambled on an IMUSA pot via Walfart because I'm cheap and the Vasconia via Amazon via Platzgraff(sp) would run me $47 (instead of $27). :biggrin1:

It arrived today, on time, but the SJS lid won't fit. Not only that, the pot has multiple scratches, etches and dings and its own lid won't fit properly because it's warped. :mmph:

I was fine w/ probably having to crimp the pot to make the SJS lid fit, but I'm a little pissed about its overall condition so it's going back. :evil:

I found another cheap one, this time via KFart, so I'll see if this one fits. Typical of KFart, there are no dimensions given of the pot. :rolleyes:

http://www.kmart.com/32-qt-aluminum...0000011000211P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Maybe a Brethren has already tried this one...I guess I should have asked here first before ordering.

I may end up w/ the Vasconia anyway, some time around Halloween. :tsk:

Sign up for Pfaltzgraff e-mail, they send out discount offers. I have had two 40% off one item twice in about a month. Then order the Vasconia it will be $31.34 with shipping and the lid will fit perfect. I bought one each time I got the offer, as I needed two pots.

I got my Imusa pot at Target (not online). You do have to be careful in choosing these pots as they are aluminum and easily damaged. Do you have a Target nearby?

I gambled on an IMUSA pot via Walfart because I'm cheap and the Vasconia via Amazon via Platzgraff(sp) would run me $47 (instead of $27). :biggrin1:

It arrived today, on time, but the SJS lid won't fit. Not only that, the pot has multiple scratches, etches and dings and its own lid won't fit properly because it's warped. :mmph:

I was fine w/ probably having to crimp the pot to make the SJS lid fit, but I'm a little pissed about its overall condition so it's going back. :evil:

I found another cheap one, this time via KFart, so I'll see if this one fits. Typical of KFart, there are no dimensions given of the pot. :rolleyes:

http://www.kmart.com/32-qt-aluminum...0000011000211P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Maybe a Brethren has already tried this one...I guess I should have asked here first before ordering.

I may end up w/ the Vasconia anyway, some time around Halloween. :tsk:

I bought the Imusa from Walmart and had the same problem. I ended up getting the Vasconia (it fits soooo perfectly).

Imusa

I've never seen IMUSA in Walmart or Target. However I see them in the kitchen gadget aisle of every grocery store of size I walk in to. Usually on the top shelf above the kitchen items.

dayum! Weber's going to be offering the 14" WSM by the time you get another pot!

Yeah! Was thinking the same thing....maybe just wait until little cutie debuts, but I'm sure it's gonna cost $149 or more.

Then I'd have to wait a year or two before I see one on CL for $75. :biggrin1:

Guys, sure us folks in Texas or Oklahoma are gonna find tamale steamers at every local outlet. The guy from Connecticut might have a SLIGHTLY harder time tracking it down locally ;)

went to my local wm and found three imusa ones there.
across the bottom its about 13.5 inches.
across the top its just under 15 inches.
course i forgot to check where they were made. i think it was the
china ones that fit perfectly.

Living in Okinawa i did not want to order multiple pots so i got the Vasconia from Amazon and it fit perfect. It was worth the extra money to get the right pot the first time and to get smokin! Just my .02 if you want to get that mini wsm rolling the smoke anytime soon. Good luck on your build.

Update:

The pot I bought off Kfart (see the link above) turned out to be another IMUSA from China which my SJS lid doesn't fit. Nice job, Kfart.

I have an older SJ- the kind w/ those thin round legs. I wonder if the lid is different. Does anyone who used the Vasconia pot have that older style?

Back