My Large BGE CL score, sort of...

tasterner

is one Smokin' Farker
After watching some of you guys nailing some sweet CL scores, I've been keeping an eye on the local one for quite some time. There was one a few weeks ago with quite a few extras for $500, but I missed out on it. I decided to place an add in the wanted section for a large BGE or a WSM (for my brother). Friday I got an email from a lady in Maryland stating the following:

"I have a large Big Green Egg on a rolling stand with the adjustable vent. It was only used one summer about 10 times. I have the cook book that came with it also. The cover is not in good shape, but the Egg itself is in good condition.
My husband and I are asking $400 cash."

I emailed back immediately and asked if I could come down and check it out. So the wife and I headed down this afternoon. After pulling out all the pieces, I realized the charcoal grate was missing, and they weren't sure where the cap and feet were. After a little discussion about it, I offered $340 just to see what they'd say. They came back with $350, and needless to say I accepted. After we loaded it up, he went out to the shed and found the cap and feet. Still going to need to pick up a grate though, but I don't think they're very expensive. All in all the egg is in great shape, pretty much just needs a good cleaning. The nest wheels are rusted up, but I'm liking the tables I've seen some of you guys build, so be expecting a request for info on them:-D.

So even though it never was listed on CL, the wanted add I placed on there got me my first egg. I would once again like to thank all the brethren for their tips and advice. You guys are awesome :clap2:! I can't wait to fire this thing up!

Attachments

• egg1.jpg
    egg1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 250
That's a GREAT buy! I you're going to build a table, and plan on ever doing pizzas, score yourself 3 more feet to prop up your pizza stone off the plate setter

Congrats! And enjoy!

Edit: Hmmmm....guess you'll need a plate setter too!

Thanks guys!

Got a question...is there a date stamp on these or way way to tell how old it is?

Back