THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow.Almost makes me want to start dating again-Indy women may not be so bad after all!!!
Maybe getting an idea and some materials together,then getting your man involved with the hands-on would be a good approach.That way you not only get a final product he is sure to like,you have to find time to work together!Ahh,the bonds of barbeque!!!T

Most swimming pool contractors build outdoor kitchens these days. They would be a good place to start to get design and cost ideas.

Awesome! Thanks for all the great advice and funny comments! Gary, yours looks pretty good. I am definitely thinking along the same lines as you did. Cholloway, that website has definitely helped. So, really I might contact a pool contractor like Johnny suggested and then look into getting the other stuff from that Werever Products site. Keep the advice coming. Thanks for all the great help so far.

While I would genuinely appreciate the sentiment I would be much happier to have my wife hand me the money and tell me to design my own or at the very least design it together with her. It may turn into a great project for the two of you to enjoy together.

What a nice thing to do. That is a very thoughtful gift. I would-if it were me-want a hand in planning it. My wife and I do very well in the kitchen and think a lot alike in the kitchen, but outside we don't always have the same vision. I would talk to a contractor and see about what it could cost and then surprise him with it.

Start easy is he a meat smoker or a griller or both. Then work out from there.... You can always add but once you buy it its yours. You also need to think what's the largest amount of people you could entertain. it makes a diffrence in the size of grill or smoker you would buy. Would want a outside pizza oven! it all matters...

A prep place(sink, cutting area & trash bins) and refrigerator are really nice...

Good luck! Be glad to answer any other questions also...

Back