My First Recteq RT-1250 Cook

Jon-WX5NCO

Name or Nickame
Jon
I got a Recteq RT-1250 for Fathers Day. It was delivered and I got it put together on Wednesday. I did the burn in Thursday morning. Recteq recommends doing something fatty for the first cook, after the burn in, to get everything greased up. They recommend chicken thighs with skin, burgers, or bacon. My store didn't have any thighs with skin, so I opted for wings and bacon. I used the the Recteq Ultimate blend pellets.

I am amazed. I can't wait to try other things in this smoker/grill.

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Congrats! That is a great looking smoker and I can see that the performance is top notch.

Yes Sir! My goal was to pull the wings at 180° or so, but I got distracted and pulled them about 205°. I was shocked when I got them into the house, had to give one a try, and it was still juicy. My wife doesn't like bacon off the charcoal grill, but she really enjoyed the bacon off of the Recteq.

Really like the second shelf. I have a 590 and the second shelf that RecTeq sells gives very little clearance above the lower grates. Has anyone found a shelf that will fit a 590 and provide more clearance ?

Back