THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big-Joe

is Blowin Smoke!
This was my first go at brisket sunday, also had a butt and a nekkid fatty to throw on the uds as we had a group of friends and family coming over for the evening.

My brisket trimming needs some practice
View attachment 129893
Rubbed the brisky with s&p and some bull s*** rub
View attachment 129894
Butt was rubbed with some weber sweet rub I had
View attachment 129895
Got the uds set up...need to find me a blue lid
View attachment 129896
Looking nice about 3 hours in uds holding in around 290-300
View attachment 129897
After four hours I wrapped then back on for an hour and a half till probed like butta. This is before the wrap
View attachment 129898
Slicing...
View attachment 129899
Finished, all in all it was darned tasty. I let it rest for two hours before slicing, the flat was a touch dry but the point was moist and juicy. Thanks to bludawg for his method that I used.
View attachment 129900
Oops almost forgot the pp
View attachment 129901
Was a tasty meal with plenty left over. The guest all said it was good so I guess that's all that matters.

Thanks for lookin.

Last edited:
Looks like you nailed the doneness on the brisket. I've done three and still not gotten it that good. Good job!

It came out good but I think I should have checked it bout 30 minutes earlier cuz it was a touch dry. Also from having the lid on and off my temps got to 350 when I pulled it.

Great lookin' brisket and pp Joe! I like the looks of your drum too. Nice!

Back