My first brisket and burnt ends

Looks fantastic :thumb: For burnt ends I like to sauce and throw them back on for a while while the flat rests. Might be worth trying with some of what you have for tomorrow.

James - that looks awesome. So, since you nailed it...

I really need help on my brisket cooking. What was the total weight on your brisket? And, how long did it take to hit 188?

Looks good :thumb: Now do it again :becky:

Done
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123259

I think I'd need to taste it in order to provide feedback. :-D Missouri huh? I can be there in a few hours. It looks perfect from here, nicely done brisky. It looks as if you will have some very happy diners at your place tonight.

Sorry Dave, it didn't last. The neighborhood vultures smelled meat and lined up to be my taste testing panel.
The New Year's Eve smoke met similar results;
I consider it a compliment when not only does all of the food get eaten but people ask if I have any leftovers in the fridge from a previous Q LOL

James - that looks awesome. So, since you nailed it...

I really need help on my brisket cooking. What was the total weight on your brisket? And, how long did it take to hit 188?
The brisket I used for this smoke was just under 9lbs after trimming.
Most sites quote 1.5hrs/lbs but both of the ones I've done this week were closer to 1hr/lbs @ 225 (measured at the rack with a probe).

Back