THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unixadm

Take a breath!
I've been cooking low and slow for several years now, but I never got around to making some ABT's. I'm not sure why but I solved that problem yesterday when I made a small test batch. I'm having a party at the end of the month and thought these would be good finger foods. Now that I made them and they tasted absolutely awesome, I'll make around 60 or so of them during my next batch. I wasn't out to win any art awards yesterday and threw these together very quickly.

- Cheap grocery store brand thin bacon
- Cream cheese
- Shredded Mexican four cheese blend
- Smoked Paprika
- Teaspoon of Worcestor sauce
- Sprinkle of Cayenne
- Real bacon bits
- Jalapeños
- Lil Smokies

I halved the peppers and then filled them with the cheese mixture, placed a lil smokie in half of them and then wrapped in a half piece of bacon. I dusted half with Obie Cue's rub and the other in EAT BBA's Zero to Hero. Cooked at around 275 degrees for a little over an hour until the bacon looked done. YUM.

20130914_151844.jpg

20130914_163132.jpg

Then I made a meatloaf using McCormick's meatloaf mix with some italian bread crumbs, a little BBQ sauce and some diced white onion. Cooked at 350 degrees until it was 160 IT. When it hit 150, I applied some BBQ sauce. The recipe on the packet called for grated colby jack cheese which I bought but promptly forgot to put on during the last 15 minutes (darn wine). It was a pretty good meatloaf. I've had better, but it was my first attempt at one on any of my cookers.

20130914_171650.jpg

20130914_184155.jpg

20130914_184741.jpg

Everything was cooked on my Fast Eddy PG1000 Pellet Grill.

Back