My dual stack reverse flow offset hybrid pellet pooper.

Itsdone

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
bob
I wanted to go back to my all night'r beer drinking offset days, but my wife said no, i can't buy another smoker. I said fine, im modding my Pit Boss/Rectec Frankenpooper. She rolled her eyes and said w/e...Lets get to work!
$69 char-griller side attachment firebox.
$25 el cheapo smoke stack

20230508-211219.jpg

20230508-210531.jpg

20230508-211519.jpg

20230508-210712.jpg

20230508-211603.jpg

Both sides…..

I will probably tinker with partially opening the left stack to pull the flow, then have the right stack 1/2 open bring it back across. I might need to adjust it, but i like having the option. Both can be closed independently.

EDIT: OH! you meant pooper pellets and sticks. I might try a small fire with pellet assist. I mean, that's kinda why i built this frankenpooper.

BTW, that heat shield is a Heavy D stick burning difuser from smoke daddy inc. It does work great for burning 4x2x2 logs, but can be a pain add logs after the initial logs burn up. That said, it works great as a heat shield and to hold a grease drip pan.

Yup. It's a double adapter, switch hitter, AD/DC Smoker.

A stick burner with "pooper assist" :thumb:

Nice work. Gives you lots of options.

Are you gonna call it Arthur or Martha?

:pound::pound::pound:

5 degree difference from firebox to the other end. I have it in reverse flow mode.

Test run with some pork ribs and beef ribs.

20230509-165228.jpg

20230509-165037.jpg

20230509-165004.jpg

Impressive!

Patent time!

If i had a nickel for every time i had an idea nobody else thought of i would have a nickel.
This wasn't that time. Apparently Pitts and Spitts makes a offset pellet pooper hybrid for the low low price of $5,000.
$10,000 if you want the Stainless Steel model.

BTW, If im gonna call it, im gonna call it Betty. Betty you can call me Al.

Last edited:
OK. Now that "rollable" rotisserie for the chicken is genius. Is this another thing you made up of have I just missed seeing this kind of thing before?

OK. Now that "rollable" rotisserie for the chicken is genius. Is this another thing you made up of have I just missed seeing this kind of thing before?

LOL, I was waiting for a comment. Yes, it works on convection, the air flow from the firebox combined with the reverse flow setup causes the wheels to turn.:mrgreen:

Back