THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's the finished turkey! I've cooked all kinds of stuff today! I have the brisket in the oven finishing it off so I can take a shower and chow down on some Turkey, beans and Mac&Cheese! I'll bring brisket pictures later tonight once its rested enough to slice!

Thanks for the help and thanks for looking! Hope you all are having a nice week!
20161004_180704_zpsaoe5hjfy.jpg

Ok Folks I couldn't resist! this is my dinner plate for the night! When it comes to turkey In our house the person that cooks the turkey gets dibs on a turkey leg! OH YEAH BUDDY! This is by far the best meal I've cooked yet!

20161004_184012_zpsqt37zfd6.jpg

Very, very nice! Mmmmmmmmm great job and I am so glad you are pleased. That is important!

It had to be the best cook yet! I don't know about the brisket yet. I just pulled it from the oven now its resting. I wanted to do burnt ends but I didn't get started on the brisket early enough this mornin.

Sure cooked the gauntlet today though. I had a couple people try the peppers, they were phenomenal. Everyone that ate one raved about it.

The turkey was pretty strange, The entire bird was done, except one of the breasts. One breast was at 167, while the other breast was 158.. Not sure if I was probing it correctly or not. Both legs, thighs was sitting at 185-190Kinda strange, but I read on a lot of different places pulling breast between 155-160 was acceptable. Few minutes later, sure enough temped 165.

This cook has totally changed the ways I BBQ. I'll always make room for at least beans when I make BBQ!

Brisket pictures coming later

So I take it you liked the sides pretty good? They sure looked good.

The sides were fantastic! The mac and cheese could of used a little spice IMO. I didn't season it with anything. That is what I'm gonna change next time I make it.

Beans were spot on. Someone knew what they were talking about when they suggested to add a fatty to it!

Time for some brisket pictures! This is now officially the best cook I've done. Everything was spot on all day long!

20161004_211222_zpsmewl4mwh.jpg

This slice is very close to the edge of the flat so it was more tender. Nice and moist! I used SPOG on it!

20161004_211630_zpsd2t6xaig.jpg

Thanks for looking!

The sides were fantastic! The mac and cheese could of used a little spice IMO. I didn't season it with anything. That is what I'm gonna change next time I make it.

Beans were spot on. Someone knew what they were talking about when they suggested to add a fatty to it

Put a little kosher salt, white pepper and onion powder in that m & c next time. Tell me what you think.

Put a little kosher salt, white pepper and onion powder in that m & c next time. Tell me what you think.

I'll have to try that! I was meaning to season the cheese sauce mixture with at least salt/pepper/garlic powder or something. Just forgot during the heat of the moment making the M&C. This is only the 2nd time making smoked M&C. First time I over smoked it turned out horrible.

Seems noodles takes in a lot of smoke and color if they are not submerged in the cheese sauce. Being as I've never had smoked M&C my reaction to it was it was interesting. The smoke gives it a whole new flavor. Left overs were phenomenal. I love left over M&C if its not boxed mac and cheese!

This cook turned out great! Sent over a couple peppers to the neighbors, They are still talking about them! Got me thinking, Has anyone ever made stuffed jalapeno's and froze them for later consumption? I wonder how it would hold up. Probably could put them in the oven while frozen? People do it all the time with other types of frozen foods.

Now if I would take time to build sliders for the grates where I can pull the grates out and it holds its self up! Still haven't done that! I've got a couple battle scars trying to reach in between the grates to check temps or move stuff around because I don't wanna have to hold the hot grate up.

Also need to get better quality wheels on it. I can't move it around very much anymore the pneumatic wheels I put on it are bent/warped from the weight.

I love this cooker the more I use it. I learn stuff about it every time I use it as well.

Hope everyone has a good week, and thanks for looking.

Back