My 1st UDS (Stainless)!!!

I love these UDS threads, the last thing I need is another cooker... but G** D***! This make me want to build one. Looks awesome PB thanks for sharing.

Nice work Pastor B!

Before you go getting a Kettle Lid, might I suggest a 30 quart Stainless mixing bowl to keep the look the same?
uploadfromtaptalk1346211701630.jpg

Ordered the bowl off of Amazon. Had a gift card and my portion ended up being $1. Can't wait for my bowl lid to arrive.

Ordered the bowl off of Amazon. Had a gift card and my portion ended up being $1. Can't wait for my bowl lid to arrive.

OK I have to let you know that you will still need to do some work to make it fit, but in your case it will be easier than mine because I didn't have a lid already for the drum.

If you got the same bowl that I did, them the outside diameter is right at 22" this will not be big enough to cover the top, but all you will have to do is cut out the inside of your existing lid and mount the bowl to it.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thermometers arrived today. Waiting for mt stainless bowl to arrive to make a lid but I have a few lead on weber lids as well. I guess i will kepp all of the extras for my next build.

I am planning on putting on some ribs tonight and cook them overnight.

Javahog2002, the drum was free with a little horse trading for a stainless tighthead drum that I use to build BBQ grills.

Thank El Ropo. I will look into lowering the exhaust next week. Do you have any suggestions for thermometers or will any ebay grill thermometer work just as well?

Look for a long stem candy/deep fry thermo that's 8-12" long, so you are getting a true reading of what the temp is close to center of top cooking grate. Install it so the tip is just under the grate. You can use the clip that comes with the thermo to slide it in and out, or you could get a fancy drilled out bolt installed, so the thermo slides in and out of that. The point is you need to be able to pull the thermo out when pulling or replacing the fire basket and bottom grate.

A short thermo won't give you accurate readings of what's goin on in the middle of drum.

Back