THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I had a hankerin' for some sausage yesterday so I ground up a Boston butt...needed a quick lunch today so I decided to make a patty out of the ground pork in the fridge and pan fry in cast iron - no time for the grill today. I seasoned it with Big Papa Smokers Steak rub and got a nice sear on both sides. A slice of Gouda on top, then onto a bun with mayo and spring lettuce mix (I normally can't stand this in a regular salad) but MSU so...

It actually turned out really good...I'll probably add more pork burgers into the rotation from now on. The Gouda/spring mix/pork combo worked surprisingly well.

I impulse bought some scallops while shopping the other day and paired them up with shrimp that I had in the freezer. Scallops just got olive oil + sea salt and black pepper, the shrimp were seasoned with Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime. Corn on the cob wrapped in foil + butter, and asparagus with basil infused olive oil + salt + pepper. One of the healthier (and tasty) meals I've had lately :laugh: cooked on the Primo XL with Jealous Devil charcoal.

Thanks for lookin :becky:

Last edited:
Everything looks great, but the seafood cook looks like something my wife would really enjoy. I'll have to make a note to do that for her soon. Nicely done!

With my wife's sever seafood allergy, I have had to give up seafood. That really hit the spot and took me back to another time in life. Thank You.
Ground Pork burgers are a great way to add flavor to a meal. Many different seasonings and tastes to create some goodness on a bun!! A much under appreciated meal.:thumb::thumb:

With my wife's sever seafood allergy, I have had to give up seafood. That really hit the spot and took me back to another time in life. Thank You.
Ground Pork burgers are a great way to add flavor to a meal. Many different seasonings and tastes to create some goodness on a bun!! A much under appreciated meal.:thumb::thumb:

I’m pretty sure I have a mild shellfish allergy that only really manifests itself by “stomach issues” when I eat large quantities. All you can eat crab legs is definitely my favorite meal ever but I eat a ton of em and well...you can imagine the rest....STILL WORTH IT :becky: luckily it’s not the kind of allergy that causes my throat to swell or anything like that.

Back